Dyson Zone battery drains when not using | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Dyson Zone battery drains when not using

• 25 May 2024
  • 8 replies

I’ve been using Dyson zone for a few months, but I noticed the battery drains quite fast when I do not use it.

For example, it has around 80% battery when I last use it. After around 5 days of not using it, the battery drains to 20%.

This means I need to charge it regularly, even when not using.

I suspect my Dyson zone has a faulty auto pairing function. When I look at my ipad and iPhone, it is frequently paired with it even when I disconnected it and turn off the Dyson zone.

Is there any way I can turn off the auto pairing function? Or is there any other ways I can attempt so that my Dyson zone battery do not drain when not in use?

This is so super annoying and I wonder if my Dyson zone is faulty or that this battery drainage symptom is a feature….

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

sorry you are having issues.

ive had these since they first launched and i use them a few times a week.

im just asking - are you pressing and holding the fan speed button until you hear a  high pitched tone that echos .. then you hear a  two tone low sound. that means its turned off and you hear ambient sound as the anc is turned off. that confirms its off.

if you keep the phones in a place where the button can be pressed, that will turn it on.

i use my frequently enough ( not always using the filtering feature) that i dont see it drain in between uses.

i also have 2 phones that i carry and switch between the two depending on my needs. 

i keep mine in the hard shell vertical case so i know the button does not get pressed inadvertently. 

dont think the phones drain the battery on purpose, although batteries will naturally run down over a time.

how often are you using them? do you use the filtration feature more or do you just use the headphones as conventional headphones?  how to do you store them when not in use?

im just asking - are you pressing and holding the fan speed button until you hear a  high pitched tone that echos .. then you hear a  two tone low sound. that means its turned off and you hear ambient sound as the anc is turned off. that confirms its off.

if you keep the phones in a place where the button can be pressed, that will turn it on.

i use my frequently enough ( not always using the filtering feature) that i dont see it drain in between uses.

i also have 2 phones that i carry and switch between the two depending on my needs. 

i keep mine in the hard shell vertical case so i know the button does not get pressed inadvertently. 

dont think the phones drain the battery on purpose, although batteries will naturally run down over a time.

how often are you using them? do you use the filtration feature more or do you just use the headphones as conventional headphones?  how to do you store them when not in use?

Thanks for replying.

Yes, I press the fan button until it turns off as you described.

And I store them in the case. Don’t think there is an issue with unintended pressing of the button.

Anyway, I just tried turning the Dyson zone off, and my iPad didn’t detect it as per expectations. Then I went to charge the Dyson zone and I saw my iPad connects to the Dyson zone again!!!

I guess I just identified the issue. It turns back on and connects to the iPad when I charge it. Hmmm, so does it means I need to turn it off manually after charging it? It seems quite buggy if that’s the case.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

yes!! you may to manually turn it off again.

i get that as well. when i connect it at the usb, it activates.

maybe in a future firmware update they can disable this or make it an option , depending on the end user preference. 

Yeah

Thanks for replying.

Yes, I press the fan button until it turns off as you described.

And I store them in the case. Don’t think there is an issue with unintended pressing of the button.

Anyway, I just tried turning the Dyson zone off, and my iPad didn’t detect it as per expectations. Then I went to charge the Dyson zone and I saw my iPad connects to the Dyson zone again!!!

I guess I just identified the issue. It turns back on and connects to the iPad when I charge it. Hmmm, so does it means I need to turn it off manually after charging it? It seems quite buggy if that’s the case.

That’s one thing I don’t like about the Zones, I don’t want them on while they are charging because they automatically connect to my phone which causes all audio to be routed through the headphones. I think they should have it to where they turn on while being charged (without connecting to Bluetooth but still allowing you use the My Dyson app), then turn off again when they are unplugged.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

yes i think we all agree on this. maybe in the next firmware update!

@Jack -- maybe you can share this to the engineering team!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @nitokit, @ernables and @IsaiahH,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here. 

What you’ve described is expected behavior of Dyson Zone™ headphones - it’s something I’ve also noticed as an owner myself.

I’ll be happy to pass your comments along to the relevant teams for you!

Hi @nitokit@ernables and @IsaiahH,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here. 

What you’ve described is expected behavior of Dyson Zone™ headphones - it’s something I’ve also noticed as an owner myself.

I’ll be happy to pass your comments along to the relevant teams for you!

Thank you so much. 

Hope they change. Cause it is the natural user behaviour to plug in to charge after an extended usage. And after charging, it is natural to unplug and leave it unattended until the next usage, which could be in days.

Imagine the horrors and disappointment when days later, the battery is dead again. And that happens all the time, until I finally realised that the headphone is switched on when I plugged in to charge……

Now, I need to remember to take the additional step to switch it off again after plugging in to charge….

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@Jack , thats good to know what we are seeing is expected behavior, and thanks for willing to send this to your team.