AM10 humidifier shuts off after 1 second, any ideas?? | Dyson Community
Solved

AM10 humidifier shuts off after 1 second, any ideas??

• 25 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi all!

so I did my monthly deep clean on my AM10 and now it won’t work! I’ve disassembled completely, checked everything, double checked, and yes even triple checked! Yes and obviously did the Dyson online help chat, but I’ve just gotten nowhere with the fix.
 By doing some testing I’ve found the following:

if I put it together with empty water tank then the unit stays powered up (by that I mean to say the blue round power button stays lit up). It then gives me the usual 3 flashing lines “tank is empty”. 
so then once I put some water in the tank and place it back on the base and turn it on, the button stays lit for approx 1 - 2 seconds, and during this time there is a lit up “line” that makes its way quickly around the power button light one time in a clock ward direction, then it shuts off and power light goes back off. 

any ideas? I hate to give up on this little guy, and I know if I ship it to a dyson center it’ll most likely not be cost effective to have them repair it. Was hoping to figure out the issue and use eBay for a new or used part to get him back to running condition. 
thanks for any input! 

icon

Best answer by Jack 28 February 2024, 15:30

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @mp5999,

Welcome to the Dyson Community! Thanks for letting us know about the issue you’re having with your Dyson AM10 Humidifier.

At this stage, it sounds like you’ve done everything we would normally recommend to troubleshoot the issue. The best course of action would be to continue your conversation with Dyson Customer Care in your region to arrange a repair. They can review your records on our system and confirm what your options are.

The quickest way to get in touch is to visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a live chat conversation with our Customer Care team.

We’ll look forwards to speaking with you!