Considering an upgrade to the Dyson Purifier Hot + Cool, any recommendation? | Dyson Community
SPOTLIGHTED POST

Considering an upgrade to the Dyson Purifier Hot + Cool, any recommendation?

• 1 March 2023
  • 6 replies
Considering an upgrade to the Dyson Purifier Hot + Cool, any recommendation?
Userlevel 2

I own two of AM09 hot + cold tower. I was thinking of buying the HP01 purifying heater. Anyone have one and loves it? As reviews online are mixed. Thank you.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @limiNJ 

Thanks for sharing this with the community!

It’s a great question and one that I am sure our other members would be keen to share their opinions on. 

I can’t think of a better place for this to be, then in our ‘Featured’ section of the homepage! Combined with our ‘Spotlighted Post’ tag, it should help it to stand out even more to our other owners and help you get an answer 😀

While you wait, there’s one article which I think might help - It’s where one of our other members has already provided some feedback on purchasing one of the Dyson Purifying heaters. Where can I buy this Heater Purifier?

Stuart

Hi @limiNJ,

I really enjoy questions like this. They’re a great opportunity for sharing and discussing opinions. 

The HP01 is the first iteration of their heater purifier and is a worthy replacement to the aging fan heaters. Unfortunately, it doesn’t support connection to their mobile application, which I believe was a mistake. This was introduced much later, becoming available on their HP04 model. 

Further iteration have since entered the market, each with enhancements to software and hardware. Sensors, filtration, functional automation and date reporting in the application have vastly improved over the years. The latter boasting a smoother connection and the purification of additional pollutants.

Given the choice between the HP01 and their later models, for the price, I’d truly recommend buying either a HP07 or newer. In my opinion, these offer more product for your money, with their latest tech.

Dyson Purifier Hot+Cool Formaldehyde purifying fan heater HP09

Pete. 

I concur. Picking one at the right pay point for you is more important than one that’s all singing and dancing. True that the latter models can sensor more particles, the base features remain the same. Heating and purifying. The app features aren’t very different and just as easy to control.  

I have the HP07. It’s easy to control, reports on air quality and I can create multiple schedules. Great for when I’m away from the home for long periods. 

Here is an example of the air report and those of the setting options in the app. 

Hi @limiNJ

The HP01 is a great machine, we had it from a few year before upgrading to one of the newer models with the LCD screen. I would highlight recommend!

We gave it to my mother-in-law, she has it in her conservatory, using it for those cooler nights.

Keeping it clean is rather important - Dusting it weekly to keep the sensor ports free from dust etc. It helped the airflow and in my view helped it last so long. This post should help point you in the right direction. Keeping your purifier performing at its best.

Jay.

Userlevel 2

Thank you all for the suggestions and the photo’s especially. I am excited to get a newer model that has all of these handy functions and it sounds like HP07 is for me!! Thank you for all of your help!!!

-Lia

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @limiNJ,

I really enjoy questions like this. They’re a great opportunity for sharing and discussing opinions. 

The HP01 is the first iteration of their heater purifier and is a worthy replacement to the aging fan heaters. Unfortunately, it doesn’t support connection to their mobile application, which I believe was a mistake. This was introduced much later, becoming available on their HP04 model. 

Further iteration have since entered the market, each with enhancements to software and hardware. Sensors, filtration, functional automation and date reporting in the application have vastly improved over the years. The latter boasting a smoother connection and the purification of additional pollutants.

Given the choice between the HP01 and their later models, for the price, I’d truly recommend buying either a HP07 or newer. In my opinion, these offer more product for your money, with their latest tech.

Dyson Purifier Hot+Cool Formaldehyde purifying fan heater HP09

Pete. 

The connected machines actually arrived via the 02 models so shame shape as the 00/01. The 04 are classed as gen2 machines with the newer design / feature set but the previous gen machines were available with connectivity 😊