Does Dyson Purifier Cool Formaldehyde remove PFAS? | Dyson Community
Solved

Does Dyson Purifier Cool Formaldehyde remove PFAS?

• 5 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Does the Dyson Purifier Cool Formaldehyde recognise and remove PFAS? 

(The airborne compounds are thought to break off of PFAS-treated products such as carpeting and clothing and attach to dust or freely float through the indoor environment.

PFAS are dubbed “forever chemicals” because they do not naturally break down. They accumulate in animals, including humans, and are linked to cancer, birth defects, liver disease, thyroid disease, decreased immunity, hormone disruption and a range of other serious health problems.)

icon

Best answer by Stuart 25 September 2023, 14:12

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Hello @Florence 

Thanks for posting a question to the wider community.

Dyson latest technology and it’s fully-sealed filtration system, detects and removes 99.95% of ultrafine particles as small as PM0.1- Filter efficiency tested at 0.1 microns (EN1822). These particle include common household pollutants including formaldehyde, pollen, bacteria and odours. 

As this isn’t a question I see daily, I want to make sure I provide you with the correct information.

I’ve contacted our engineer team for confirmation and as soon as I do have an official answer, I will share it with you directly.

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Florence, 

Thank you for waiting whilst our team gathered an official answer. 

I can share that the Dyson Purifier Cool Formaldehyde has not yet been specifically tested on PFAS capture.

However, it incorporates a fully-sealed filter system combining a HEPA H13 filter that captures particles as small as 0.1 microns, an activated carbon filter to remove gases such as NO2, Acetaldehyde, Benzene, etc and selective catalytic oxidation Dyson Cryptomic™ technology that continuously destroys formaldehyde.

I hope this helps to answer your question. 

Stuart