Dyson Hot + Cool Purifier clicking on oscillation - Suggestions? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Hot + Cool Purifier clicking on oscillation - Suggestions?

• 26 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Currently on our 4th unit since May 2023. 

First unit had a faulty remote, would need couple of presses before the fan registered some of the buttons. Replaced the battery. Same issue. Everything else with the fan worked fine. Dyson couldn't send us a replacement remote for some reason and could only swap out the whole unit. 

Second unit remote worked fine. BUT the fan itself was faulty. Had it running on cool, low speeds with oscillation for about 3-4 hours when it started making a clicking sound. Turned off the oscillation and the clicking sound stoped. Nothing was obstructing the unit/base and it was on a flat level floor. It hasn't been knocked etc. Dyson arranged a swap as they said it couldn't be repaired. 

Third unit. Had the fan running on cool, low speeds with oscillation, after 3-4 hours it started making the same clicking sound on oscillation. This time Dyson only offered a repair, so off it went. Once with Dyson, turns out it couldn't be repaired and a replacement unit was sent out to us.

Fourth unit arrived yesterday. Plugged it in today, had the fan running on cool, low speeds with oscillation for about 3-4 hours when it started making the same clicking sound. Will contact Dyson again, who will probably say it's repair only again. But it appears there is a "known" fault with this model for us to have received 3 faulty units in a row with the exact same problem. Or it is made with poor quality materials.

We are now way outside the returns period (purchased online from John Lewis) and doubt Dyson will issue us a refund.

Any suggestions on the best course of action here?

icon

Best answer by GP858 29 July 2023, 20:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Sadly they won’t refund you. Your point of sale was with a retailer. They’ll continue to replace it under the terms of the warranty. After 4 units however, I’d argue that there not getting it right. Any chance they could upgrade you to a newer model or one with a completely different spec? 

I’d guess the fault is with the manufacturing batch and not the overall design. At this point, there isn’t much you can do. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Did you pay on your Credit Card with JL? If so, you might be able to make a claim and have the money refunded.. 

Thanks for your replies.

Dyson have booked another repair in as expected. 

If I get a 5th faulty unit, I'll raise a claim with my Credit Card company & hopefully get my money back that way.