Dyson Pure Humidify+Cool issue | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

I have had the purifier Humidify + cool for 3 years now.
I used it quite well the first year, then moved to a place with better air and didn’t use it much.

I tried to turn it back on a few days ago to realize that it was asking me to replace the filter. Bad luck to me, they are out of stock on Dyson’s website.

I also tried to run a cleaning cycle as I haven’t had in the past and felt to clean all of it. I bought some citric powder and tried to ran the test.

I got stuck on the cleaning timer after 10 scds and found great help online to try to solve it. I did all the steps but doesnt help.

I got the Dyson customer support (Anna) person on the phone, and to be honest she was not of any help.
She just said you have to send back your humidifier and it costs 125€. No other choice.

Then I ran quite a few topics on the web and it seems that this pump breaking is happening to most of our humidifer and it’s a well known problem from Dyson, mostly about the manufacturing initially.

Therefore, I’d like to know why we (customers) have to pay 125€ for a problem that is by design and well known from the brand. 

I’d love to have someone from the Dyson customer support to help a lost customer here.

FYI, we love the brand and already brought the vacuum cleaner and made a few of our friends also customers.

Hi @Orameil,

Welcome to the Dyson Community - I’m sorry to hear about the issue you’ve had with your machine.

The guarantee coverage on Dyson fans, heaters, purifiers and humidifiers runs for 2 years from the original date of purchase. If your machine is now over 3 years old, any repairs or replacement parts needed would be chargeable. It does sound like you were correctly advised by the Dyson Customer Care expert you spoke with previously.

For support, you'll need to continue your conversation directly with our Dyson Customer Care experts in your region. Here at the Dyson Community, we don’t have access to customer details and can’t intervene with individual repair requests.

Please visit Dyson.com and click Support to get in touch with the right Dyson Customer Care team for your region.