Dyson Purifier Cool Gen1 TP10 Functionality | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Dyson Purifier Cool Gen1 TP10 Functionality

• 25 July 2024
  • 1 reply

My question is fairly simple, however I can’t really find a simple answer on the Dyson site.

My questions are:  Does the air purification only work when set on Auto? ….or when I have it on fan mode, is the air purification actively working then as well?

When I put it on Auto, the fan doesn’t really run when the air quality is good however I like to have the fan running all night while I’m sleeping and I’m simply curious whether in fan mode it is still actively purifying the air while we sleep OR is it simply blowing air around?

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Jax,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

The Dyson Purifier Cool Gen1 draws in airflow through multiple layers of filtration as it runs - the HEPA H13 filter captures 99.95% of particles as small as 0.1 microns, while a layer of activated carbon removes odours and gases including VOCs. The purified air is then projected and circulated around the room. 

All the airflow your machine draws in through the base will pass through the filters, regardless of the mode or fan speed you’re using. So if you manually set your machine to a preferred fan speed overnight, you’ll be enjoying the same level of purification as with any of the other modes.

Hope this helps!