False advertising about "best price guarantee" and no chat or messenger response, very bad customer service on phone | Dyson Community

False advertising about "best price guarantee" and no chat or messenger response, very bad customer service on phone

• 30 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Best price guarantee fraud: i bought TWO TP07 air cooler/purifier $599 each on sale just this weekend. i did so with the confidence that it was “best price guaranteed.” i later i found that costco had it for $569. I just missed the business hours on saturday when i called the customer care, as i was in brisbane and got confused that they meant day light times. I also saw no chat option on website as described (have screenshot of it, that it wasn’t available from friday till tuesday this week during black friday sale period). I reached out on facebook messenger and have chat history there of how slow (days apart) the responses are, and by then of course sales had ended. I was also desperately trying to check if owners discount (never got any email about it, had to check ozbargain for this “secret offer”), of 20% this month was off RRP or current sale price. Since i got no response in time, i took a chance and went with Sephora for $719 for airwrap (taking a risk if owners discount worked out cheaper) plus cash back through cash rewards. Thank god i did, as dyson deal with owners discount turned out = was off rrp. After this we wanted to get air-purifier and did it directly with dyson as described above.  i reached out again on messenger as no chat option was available even yesterday, to point out price discrepancy and got no response. called the hotline and CSR cross checked and said costco is not on national retailer list. i was confused as i’m pretty sure i saw costco in list. however as i couldnt check on phone or laptop at that time while talking, i didn’t contest but asked if they can refund price difference since im eligible for 45 day return anyway and why go through all that hassle for dyson to deliver only to take it back and lose $1200 business as well, instead of refunding $60 for two machines. she put me onto manager who said “thank you but you are free to return it when u get it”. 

soon after i even checked the fine print while at check out (have screenshots of everything) and it included COSTCO after all!. what a breach of trust considering we have multiple dyson products in the family. can’t believe the customer support options are so unreliable and scarce, especially when needed the most. I will be sending screenshots to ombudsman if no response is given in a week .not even sure if there is an email option, hence posting here (as chat and messenger didnt work, nor did phone)

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Hey!  

I for one have always had great customer service. Sadly, i know it can’t be said by everyone. In my view, Dyson have always honoured their terms and stand by what is written on their website. 

Have you tried submitting a price match request online? https://www.dyson.com/forms/dyson-direct-price-match-request 

Before submitting, I’d double check the fine print under their Match Promise. Open their website and click on the Terms & Conditions button. 

Kirby.