Filter stock problem 2023 - Dyson Purifiers | Dyson Community
Solved

Filter stock problem 2023 - Dyson Purifiers

• 25 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Seems same problem as last year. No supplies of air purification filters. Previous topic closed. Can we use 3rd party filters to save junking Dyson?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 26 July 2023, 15:56

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

7 replies

Hi @Billst 

Thank you for raising this with us.

We are currently awaiting communication from our manufacturing team to confirm when stock will become available of the purification filters.

You can go on the Dyson website to opt into the keep me updated option. Once stock does become available you will receive communication via email.

You can alternatively check our authorized replacement part retails like EsparesPartMaster and PartCentre if you require the part as soon as possible.

If you require any further assistance, please reply below.

Regards, 

Userlevel 1

OK thanks, I have now received word that they are back.

Unfortunately a friend has thrown out his Dyson over this issue and purchased a complete Winix Hepa air filter unit from Costco for less than the cost of the Dyson filter that he could not get.

I must admit that having now searched Amazon for compatible filter units for my Dyson I find them at much lower cost (£31) so Dyson are certainly losing out by not keeping replacement filters  both in stock and at a competitive price.

OK thanks, I have now received word that they are back.

Unfortunately a friend has thrown out his Dyson over this issue and purchased a complete Winix Hepa air filter unit from Costco for less than the cost of the Dyson filter that he could not get.

I must admit that having now searched Amazon for compatible filter units for my Dyson I find them at much lower cost (£31) so Dyson are certainly losing out by not keeping replacement filters  both in stock and at a competitive price.

Valid point! Although there could be an argument made that the 3rd party filters are less effective or made from inferior material than that of Dyson. I’ve seen it before with Stick vac filters, either being far to dense, stopping airflow or loosely packed, blowing more dust etc back into the room. 

If you’re having trouble purchasing parts, you could try their helpline stock, it seems it’s different from the website. Also, give this link a read, a few 3rd party recommendations. 

Been waiting over 12 months for BP01 filters to come into stock in Australia. 

Userlevel 1

Been waiting over 12 months for BP01 filters to come into stock in Australia. 

…. Google is your friend 

Google is very smart and cost saving for this. 

I have recently purchased a Dyson air purifyer/ fan. Upon checking to get an idea of costs of replacement parts, almost every single item is out of stock.

This doesn't fill me with confidence re any future orders I may need to make.

I noticed many other similar posts regarding this topic.

Oh dear 🫤