Hope there's a selection for filter types on 04 machines! | Dyson Community

Hope there's a selection for filter types on 04 machines!

• 2 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +5
  • Silver Level Contributor
  • 45 replies

Hi there,

I recently got aware of this place, and I can see the actual Dyson people are reviewing this place. Great work and it’s nice to see that somebody is trying to communicate with end users!

I wanted suggest to the engineering team that it would be great if these amendments are made to the MyDyson app and the S/W of the machine.

As many people would be aware, filter replacements for 04 series machines have been changed. (Separated HEPA/Carbon->Combi Filters)

However, we still have to reset both of them when replacing the filter due to the app & the machines’ software. 

If it is feasible, giving an option to choose which filter type I’m using would be great. If not possible on the machine itself, changing an option from the app would be an ideal option as well.

It would definately get rid of any confusions when changing a filter.

Hope this to be read by somebody and look forward to seeing this feature on the next version!

Many thanks,

J

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Jay 

Thanks for the feedback on the Community hub, it’s great to hear! Though we started somewhat small, we’re growing and looking to make this a positive platform for our members, owners and visitors. 

A fantastic insight into the App experience when replacing/resetting the filters on the 04 series. I am aware of a fix, which was implemented against later variant. These where the models that came with the Combi Filter as standard. Theoretically, it could be possible to roll this change backwards, but this is a task for great minds at Dyson then I. 

I’ll pass your comment back to the development team for their consideration. They may not have capacity to deliver on this straightaway, but getting it in front of them is no less important. Thanks for sharing! 

If you have any other suggestion, feel free to share them.

Thanks, 

Stuart