Hot + Cool fan heater is not cold or powerfull enough! Help. | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Hot + Cool fan heater is not cold or powerfull enough! Help.

• 2 August 2024
  • 6 replies

Problem as per title really - Dyson Hot+Cool™️ Jet Focus AM09 fan heater.

We have an average 3 bed semi. In our double room despite having the machine as close as possible - it is not cool enough or powerful enough even when at the end of the bed.

I bought it in a sale in anticipation of summer - and now it is too late to replace/return.  Anyone else in this position?  Any advice?

Would Dyson take one for the team and let me spend more to replace it? Doubtful I know, at present in bed it is just white noise. I wish Dyson had stated it was best for a single box room.  

Hi @Helli,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

In fan mode for warmer weather, your Dyson AM09 Hot+Cool™️ Jet Focus fan heater will cool you down with up to 186 l/s of airflow. In cooler weather, it's engineered to heat the room quickly and evenly.

It's not an air conditioner - it won't lower the overall room temperature, and doesn't include any kind of refrigeration technology.

If you’re looking for a machine primarily for cooling you down across larger spaces, one of our purifiers or fans might be a better choice for your needs. Their larger format means they can move a higher volume of airflow.

Outside of our standard return period, it wouldn’t be possible for us to refund or exchange your machine. If you wanted to discuss this further, you would need to speak with your local Dyson Customer Care team, as this isn’t something we can influence via the Dyson Community forum. To get in touch, please visit Dyson.com and click Support. 

I’m sorry if this wasn’t the news you were hoping for, but hope the information is useful.

Thank u for replying. Our Dyson sits at the end of our bed and whatever button we press either both of us detect next to nothing or one needs to point it to them (me!) and then it is fine.  It’s just no use to cover 2 people together in bed. 

Hi @Helli

It’s worth double-checking that your machine is set to the right mode for your needs.

The Jet Focus control feature means you can choose between Focussed and Diffused modes for personal or whole-room heating. And direct cooling or a gentle breeze in hot weather:

Jet Focus control - Focussed and Diffused modes

To project the airflow over a greater distance, press the Focussed mode button on the remote:

Dyson AM09 Hot+Cool™️ Jet Focus remote

This may help if you don’t already have your machine set to Focussed mode. And remember you can also tilt the machine up or down to make sure the airflow is projected towards you at the right angle.

On diffuse mode there is no air when standing right in front and the only air apparent is to its left and right.  Oh how I wish we had bought the more expensive one. 

Hi @Helli,

For higher velocity flow for a longer distance, I would recommend trying your machine on Focussed mode, and ensuring the airflow is angled correctly.

From experience, this is normally enough to ensure a cooling stream of airflow reaches you over the type of distance you’ve described.

We will have to agree to differ.  Focus mode means we have to get up close and personal in bed to feel the air (so our king size is a waste) and to feel the diffuse mode we have to separate out of the bed as the air in the middle has far less force than the 2 outside edges of air.  But thank you anyway.