HP09 is faulty - display Alert icon | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

HP09 is faulty - display Alert icon

• 25 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I bought HP09 PURIFIER HOT+COOL FORMALDEHYDE early this year. It works well but suddenly just last 2 weeks ago stops working. When turning on, it displays Alert icon (Exclamation mark) on the display area. I searched online and on Dyson support website. Tried resetting by pressing both power button and power button of the remote control at the same time but it still doesn't work.

I reached out to Dyson customer support (facebook messenger). They did some verification on my identity and serial number for warranty. But then after a couple of days, they stop responding to my message and ghosting me. I feel abandoned and helpless.

Right now, I still don't get any support or reply from them. Does anyone have the same problem? Did you eventually get it fixed?

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Hola me pasó exactamente lo mismo, soy de México, el servicio de atención al cliente de Dyson me pidió que devolviera el equipo y que SUPUESTAMENTE me lo devolvieron en 15 días..... Ya tengo 7 meses y medio esperando, es una pena con esta marca....

Such as shame! The customer support is terrible. Also the product is unreliable, poor quality. They do expensive marketing and sell to us for a premium price. We are being scammed. Very sad.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @alex159,

Welcome to the Dyson Community - sorry to see you’re currently having this issue with your Dyson heater purifier.

Have you tried power cycling your machine? This is what we’d normally recommend trying first, and in most cases it will clear an error screen like this and restore full functionality.

To complete a power cycle, please turn your heater purifier off at the mains power supply and unplug it. Wait 10 minutes before plugging it back in and turning it back on at the mains power supply.

If this doesn’t work, please let us know!

Hi @alex159,

Welcome to the Dyson Community - sorry to see you’re currently having this issue with your Dyson heater purifier.

Have you tried power cycling your machine? This is what we’d normally recommend trying first, and in most cases it will clear an error screen like this and restore full functionality.

To complete a power cycle, please turn your heater purifier off at the mains power supply and unplug it. Wait 10 minutes before plugging it back in and turning it back on at the mains power supply.

If this doesn’t work, please let us know!

Of course, I tried that simple way. In fact, that’s the very first thing I tried. But it doesn’t work. I had to researched and tried more ways, contacting Dyson customer support for it. And still doesn’t work. 

The worst experience after all this is the poor ghosting Dyson customer support. 

Appreciate your reply to this and I hope my case can escalate somewhere further.