Humidifier Question - Water level depleting slowly | Dyson Community
Solved

Humidifier Question - Water level depleting slowly

• 24 November 2021
  • 7 replies

So I have had this humidifier(PH04) for around a week... The water seems to be depleting very slowly / not putting much humidity out.  I am I think on day 4 of it running non stop (night mode at night) and it still has about 1/3 of the tank left.

My old cheap humidifier that this is replacing the tank wouldn't last 24 hours running on medium and held a bit more water... So this is putting off something like 15% (or less) of the humidity that was... Is that normal or is something wrong?  I expected it to be a bit less because of the filters etc... But this seems like the water would evaporate almost as fast if it was just left sitting out in a container.

(Edited by moderator – tags added)  

icon

Best answer by Stuart 25 November 2021, 15:52

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @NW101 

Thanks for posting a question. 

Doesn’t look like anyone on the Community has experienced the same issue as you, which in itself is a good thing. However, does mean you’ve waited a little longer to get a reply. 

It’s normal for your machine’s water level to deplete at a very slow rate.

There are a few checks and observations you can do to ensure the machine is working optimally. 

1. Evaporator - Has the evaporator been installed? The machine won’t function correctly without it.
    • A trickling or gurgling noise can be heard if the evaporator is missing. In this instance install it in the machine.
  2. Humidity level - If the current humidity in the room is close to or the same as what you’ve set, then the machine will only humidify should it detect a change. Decreasing the water level at an even slower rate. 
  3. Auto humidity mode - If you are using your machine in Auto humidify mode, your machine will pause when the target humidity has been reached. It will resume when the humidity levels change. 

I’d recommend increasing the overall fan speed and if you see no difference to the overall humidity, to run a Deep Clean Cycle. Read how to do this on our Running a Deep clean cycle article.

Further support for your machine in your market can be viewed via our online support guide. You can find here: https://www.dyson.com/support/air-treatment/purifier-humidifiers. Please select your machine from the list. 

Feel free to @Me with any follow up questions. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

I just got my PH04 three days ago as well... Same issues. I can run it at 70% humidity in a small room for 12 hours and the humidity goes from 45% to 48%. Is this the worst humidifier ever or is it not working properly. I have reset the machine and followed all the steps you listed. It appears to be a common problem bases on the forum. Is this broken ?

I expect a humidifier that cost $900 to function at least as well as a $40 one off Amazon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Elkendier thanks for the follow up question. 

I agree, it sounds like the machine isn’t working properly. 

If you’ve checked the same areas as suggested on my last response and there has been no improvement, can I ask that you also check the base cap at the bottom of your pump for a blockage?

This is the small cap is at the base of the pump and can easily be removed. 

Should this extra check not resolve the problem, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to run you through some further troubleshooting and discuss the next steps with you. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

Thanks,

Stuart

I’m having the same issue.  Where is the pump located?  

I’m having the same issue.  Where is the pump located?  

@Lizzie it’s here: I took a picture of the pump in the user guide. 

It’s the small cap at the base. Hopefully my arrow shows where :)

Barry

Thank you Barry!  
I think it is working now.  I did the deep cleaning cycle.  And now the water level is decreasing with use.  Before it wasn’t.  

And then it stopped decreasing so I did clean off the cap at the base.  It’s working again.  Thank you!