Maximum fan speed night mode auto | Dyson Community

Maximum fan speed night mode auto

Userlevel 1

It's a shame that you can't set the maximum fan speed for auto when in night mode. Fan speed 4 is a little high/noisy so would be good to be able choose the limit ourselves for certain more noise sensitive areas to only get to a Max of 3 say.

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Are you saying you want to programme auto speed in night mode, night mode only or just to programme auto altogether?

What would the advantage of this be past editing it at night? Surly this would take longer to clear the air wouldn’t it? I only say this as it’s my understanding that Auto adjusts to the level of pollutant. By limiting this it would take longer to clear.. 

I know I'd rather have the unit pumping out air for a short time, then prolong it over a longer time… 

Charlie.

Hey @Charliebrown , @PeteRepeat 

I do somewhat agree. I could see advantages to customising the auto speed. With the cost of electric raising, I’m not completely sure I’d personally use it. 

Kirby.

Userlevel 1

Are you saying you want to programme auto speed in night mode, night mode only or just to programme auto altogether?

What would the advantage of this be past editing it at night? Surly this would take longer to clear the air wouldn’t it? I only say this as it’s my understanding that Auto adjusts to the level of pollutant. By limiting this it would take longer to clear.. 

I know I'd rather have the unit pumping out air for a short time, then prolong it over a longer time… 

Charlie.

It's more about noise when on night mode. I'd prefer the limit to get to fan speed 3 rather than 4 as it's a little loud at 4 in a bedroom. 've had it riase the fan for 10 minutes only on night mode where it could have stayed at a low fan speed for not much longer time but remain quieter

Userlevel 1

Well my wife just told me the air purifier is too loud at night in auto mode... So seems I may end up returning my devices as I can't control the maximum fan speed. I use these in a bedroom so it's important for night mode.

I

t seems that this feature is not likely to encorpriated any time soon as I havent seen any updates since owning so development is slow. Likely look at buying an air purifier that doesn't spike in the middle of the night and make too much noise.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Great idea.

I wouldn’t hold my breath on getting development work done any time soon. 

Working as an Android developer for a very prestigious washing machine brand and then freelancing at a string of mid - large sized companies, it’s closer to 6-9 months before changes are rolled out. This is if they placed into the product lifecycle by the company. 

In my experience prioritising factors and business demand always overtook the odd request from a user. These are weighed against things like, total development time, total resource spend and impact on the wider user base. If the need isn’t there and the backlog/futures work has a higher benefit, they will set their priority accordingly.  

The only parting note I’d leave you is, you say “Likely look at buying an air purifier that doesn't spike in the middle of the night”. Auto only activates when and if it detects a reason to, if it’s going to a higher speed, it means its working exactly as it was intended, purifying the air.

You might try using it without auto, in night and set to 3?!

Best of luck. 

David.

Using a schedule as a work around might work. 

Maybe similar to the one I have set up? Instead, push the fan by one or two speeds, or until you reach that sweet spot. 

Increase it only between the times the Auto usually kicks on. The graph should show you when this is..