New Filter formadehyde TP09 VS hold metal | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

New Filter formadehyde TP09 VS hold metal

• 7 June 2024
  • 1 reply

I bought 2 TP09s 2 weeks ago but they came with the new non-metal Formaldehyde filters. However, I just tested it without my blue filters, which gave me more air power. I also tested with a friend's old formaldehyde filter that I had borrowed from metal on my new TP09 and then the air flow was strangely higher!!! I am not impressed with Dyson's service to which they are incapable of answering me correctly without telling me that I just have to remove my new generation blue filters which will result in exactly a TP07 model without these filters!!! However, they cut off the conversation without answering me!!! I am not impressed and a tower fan projects more air power than my current Dyson which I will probably return before my 30 days given the very poor after-sales service I receive and also that the models in the USA versus in Canada like the HP09 Nickel\Gold available in the USA is strangely not available in Canada then I have no information when or how I could get them since if I buy it in the USA the warranty will not be honored!! ! I live very close to the USA too!!!

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Badge

Note that you can move air very fast and the volume wouldn’t increase, what you want to look for is the volume of air the machines are moving per second.

To fight PM, you want the volume to be as high as possible (arguably the speed too, to distribute the clean air throughout the room).

However, to fight VOCs, you need the gasses to interact with either the carbon or the catalytic filter, in this case, both higher volume and speed can lower the efficiency of the VOC filtration. I wouldn’t be surprised f the newer filter restricted the airflow more but resulted in better formaldehyde reduction.

Not saying whether the quality is better or worse, it might be worse, however, if the new filter does add more friction, that wouldn’t be as bad as you are trying to make it seem, at least from a VOC filtration perspective.