Optimum Settings For Allergies | Dyson Community
Solved

Optimum Settings For Allergies

• 13 February 2022
  • 2 replies

I have had really bad congestion due to allergies and would like to know the best settings for the Dyson PH 04. It has a humidifier and purifier.  I have settings for day and night. 

Thank You, 

Jillynn 

(Edited by moderator – tags added) 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 16 February 2022, 22:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

hi Jillynn

My mother suffers from hay fever and we’ve found setting our purifier to auto helps. 

We’ve not long started using the app, which is great by the way. when swiping down you’re showing a Air quality overview, this has an AUTO TARGET, which we are always at. We’ve found it increased the fan speed through the day when the air gets worse.

Swiping up we can see the local area air, Pollen is highlighted here. It is low at the moment, but I expect during the summer it to get high. We can either set the fan speed to max or leave the Auto to deal with it. 

She uses a quiet mode at night, which puts the machine into a lower air speed mode and is quieter. 

Hopefully this helps you.

​Hi @Jillybean, 

Auto mode is actually a great option that will allow your unit to reactively purify and humidify the room, ensuring the air quality doesn’t go too far below a “good” rating. In this mode, your unit will power on and off on its own as the air quality reading fluctuates throughout the day. If the rating maintains a good reading level, the unit won’t need to run.

This will also be a great way to get the most from your filter. As the air quality level remains “good” more often, the unit will need to run less often as a result.

I’d recommend reviewing the PH04 - Using your machine section of our PH04 support page. While the entire page is a great resource, having a look at the video titled 'Auto purify and humidify' should prove helpful.

I’m also linking you to the How Air Quality changes throughout the year post from the community which you might enjoy.