PH04 dyson Formaldehyde evaporator issue | Dyson Community
Solved

PH04 dyson Formaldehyde evaporator issue

• 22 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi all.

After a period of non use the Evaporator in my PH04 starts to smell of body odour and crossed between a musty smell.

I have done the following: 

a deep clean cycle

soaking the evaporator.

I have also set the humid setting to 50% instead of automatic. But I have noticed that once the room has reached 50% the machine stops humidifying. Then the evaporator starts to dry out and the smell comes back. Do I need to purchase a new evaporator? if so, its still under its warranty!

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Jack 22 February 2024, 17:42

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @chama98,

Thanks for letting us know about this. Just to check, when you’ve run the Deep clean cycle and soaked the evaporator, did you do this using the suggested citric acid solution, or just tap water?

Badge

Hi

i used citric acid as per instructions in the manual. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @chama98,

Thanks for confirming! We do have some tips to help avoid any unpleasant odours from your Dyson purifier humidifier and its evaporator:

• Avoid drying the evaporator outside of the machine. Immediately reinstall the evaporator after rinsing following a Deep clean cycle, and run the machine in non-humidification mode for around 30 mins to keep the machine dry before the machine is turned off.
  • Wash, drain and dry the water tank when you are not using the humidification.
  • We recommend changing the water daily if using the humidification function.
  • Dry the machine by using non-humidification mode after using the humidification function. Drying the machine will help minimise any bacterial growth.
  • Ensure the Combi or Carbon filters are replaced when prompted by the machine.

For further support in this instance, I’d recommend contacting Dyson Customer Care in your region so they can take some further information. 

Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!

Badge

Thanks for the response. When you say to use the machine to dry after replacing the evaporator. Does the machine need to be on maximum fan speed for 30 mins? Or in auto mode? 

i do replace the water every day and the evaporator is never out of the machine apart from washing following a deep clean. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @chama98,

To make sure a high volume of airflow passes through the machine after maintenance, you may prefer to run your machine for 30 minutes after manually setting the airflow to a higher speed.