PH3A Purifier/Humidifier - Shutting Down | Dyson Community
Solved

PH3A Purifier/Humidifier - Shutting Down

• 13 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I have had my PH3A for four days now, and it’s great except for one problem. When I use both the humidifier and purifier on auto, after a while the unit will shut down completely and won’t power back on unless it sits for 15 or 20 minutes. The 24-hour logging resets, which would tell me it’s not an auto-shutoff feature. When switched to auto purify, the fan kicks up to max, and the only way I can have both the purifier and humidifier on (so far) is to have the purifier fan on a lower manual setting.

icon

Best answer by DavidTaylor 13 December 2022, 21:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @mikering

I would say that in other scenarios I would be able to offer some guidance or at best an answer. This for the use of a better word, have me stumped.

While it is true the Dyson Purifiers and Fans have a auto off function, to prevent overheating and accidental damage should they reach a specific level of tilt. In this instance, I am left with two possible conclusions. 

1.  The unit has a fault on the PCB, power control board. This fault is triggering the unit to temporary shut off for a cooling down period. 
  2. The unit is reaching its desired humidity and purification level, then entering a standby state. This would dim the display and means that it wouldn’t trigger again, unless in instances of increased particles are detected. This wouldn’t explain a complete power down to the machine. 

If it is the latter, then this is by design. More on this can be read on an article named Auto mode. If it were the former, you’d be required to contact Dyson and arrange a repair or exchange. Seeing as it is so new, I’d expect an exchange would be more appropriate. 

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

David. 

Userlevel 1

I’d think if it were Auto mode, there wouldn’t be a complete lack of power and an inability to even power the unit back on. Now that I *think* I have a correct number for Support, I’ll give them a ring because it seems like this is a defect.

I purchased my PH3A in November of 2022. After 3 months, the machine was leaking water all over my floor. Dyson replaced in in February. This one has been making a whistling noise in nighttime mode. Also, I’ve noticed that it randomly shuts off completely and then immodestly turns itself back on for no reason. Then the controls reset. It happens several times per day. Is this normal? I have 17 months left on my warranty. Do I have another dud on my hands?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I purchased my PH3A in November of 2022. After 3 months, the machine was leaking water all over my floor. Dyson replaced in in February. This one has been making a whistling noise in nighttime mode. Also, I’ve noticed that it randomly shuts off completely and then immodestly turns itself back on for no reason. Then the controls reset. It happens several times per day. Is this normal? I have 17 months left on my warranty. Do I have another dud on my hands?

Unless you’re using the Auto Setting, it shouldn’t be shutting off. If it is the latter, my mind leans towards a faulty power unit. Charger or Motor. I strongly suggest discontinuing use and contacting Dyson. They will diagnose the problem and either replace the unit or the power cable. David.