Suggestion - Start/Schedule with last settings via Dyson App | Dyson Community

Suggestion - Start/Schedule with last settings via Dyson App

• 15 November 2022
  • 5 replies

In USA, as there is no HEAT controls in APP.

I request for enhancement to start/Schedule Dyson with whatever settings set last time.

Example, if I set temperature 72 in heat mode then when I start Dyson via app then it start with 72heat

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

Stuart 1 year ago

Hi @sandeepHP02 

Great to see our owners creating topics about new features and functionalities.

Whilst we cannot directly comment on our future developments and technology integration plans, we do regularly review and prioritise suggestions ahead of each software release and development phase. And with each release, we aim to fulfil some of the requests that are made.

While heating cannot be control remotely via the Dyson App in the USA regions, as highlighted on our Heating control in the App - USA ONLY post, I will highlight this topic with our development team in the next planning increment. By doing so, it will be used to support us to continually developing exciting technology for future connected machines.

I’ll check back on this post periodically and pass any other comments and suggestions back to our teams.

Thanks,

Stuart

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @sandeepHP02 

Great to see our owners creating topics about new features and functionalities.

Whilst we cannot directly comment on our future developments and technology integration plans, we do regularly review and prioritise suggestions ahead of each software release and development phase. And with each release, we aim to fulfil some of the requests that are made.

While heating cannot be control remotely via the Dyson App in the USA regions, as highlighted on our Heating control in the App - USA ONLY post, I will highlight this topic with our development team in the next planning increment. By doing so, it will be used to support us to continually developing exciting technology for future connected machines.

I’ll check back on this post periodically and pass any other comments and suggestions back to our teams.

Thanks,

Stuart

Thank you.

Please keep us posted.

Great intentions. You realise there isn’t anything that can be done at Dyson.

You've proposed a shortcut that allow you to control the heating remotely. This is directly against that of your governments legislation. Businesses breaking this will most likely face legal action. 

You should instead raise this directly with the government, through signature led canvassing.

Great intentions. You realise there isn’t anything that can be done at Dyson.

You've proposed a shortcut that allow you to control the heating remotely. This is directly against that of your governments legislation. Businesses breaking this will most likely face legal action. 

You should instead raise this directly with the government, through signature led canvassing.

not really, I am not requesting for Heat controls in APP.

I am asking Dyson to remember last settings and give an option in APP to start with last settings.

Say, I used Dyson with heat mode 72 last time then when I start Dyson in APP then it should start with last used settings (i.e. 72 heat mode) just like with remote.

Im sorry but the reason provided as to why the fan cannot be used in heat mode if you've lost the remote is ridiculous. Dyson is the only company who cant figure it out.  I’ve never seen a company that makes a product that’s rendered useless if you lose the remote control. As for the response, you would have been better off ignoring the question.  Id be embarrassed to blame that on the US government. Not a good look for a company who wants to be known for premium engineering and quality.

While on the topic of premium engineering, the front air exhaust slot in my fan melted while in heat mode. The exhaust slot around the head is literally melted and deformed from it's own heat.  It doesn't have a tip over sensor either. Shocker.

Dyson- good enough