TP04 Software refuses to update. | Dyson Community
Solved

TP04 Software refuses to update.

• 22 June 2023
  • 25 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey guys,  just wanted to stop by and share some frustrations im experiencing with my Dyson TP04 air purifier.  Currently the app is refusing to let me use the scheduling facility, nor can I access the filter management function.  The app says that a software update is in progress and I will be able to use the scheduling and other features after it has completed.  Thing is, its not updating, at the unit itself its not showing the update icon, just normal operations and if I go into the settings and turn off auto update it just says ‘update scheduled’ but it never comes, but is connected to the internet as I can control it through the app or alexa.  I have tried resetting the device and removing and readding it to the app and nothing has worked.  I even spoke with Dyson who said they could manually update it at the workshop and so it was collected and sent back there.  It came back with ‘no fault found’ and no manual update had been completed.  Looking around i can see this is not the first time this has happened with a TP04, and whilst I understand the machine is out of warranty,  this fault impairs its functionality because I cannot access its basic functions, and on pointing this out to Dyson, they want me to pay for a replacement.  I dont see why I should have to seeing as the hardware itself is working perfectly and I am experiencing a firmware issue.

icon

Best answer by TechnicalMarvel 4 July 2023, 08:20

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

25 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@Stuart can you help?

Userlevel 1

Hi Dyson,

I have exactly the same issue. My old TP04 (2018) is on firmware version ECG2PF.02.04.010.0039, while my newer TP04 has ECG2PF.02.06.003.0002.

I cannot get the firmware updated. The automatic update is active. Nothing happens since days. Then I try switch the off the ‘automatic’. It then shows ‘Update scheduled’, but when? Nothing happens either.

How can I get it updated?

Or 2018 version of TP04 is too old to get any update?

Thanks, Chong

Exactly the same issue with one of my fans, TP04. Tried 4G hotspot, reset, different/temp email accounts etc. Nothing helped, for me, it looks like there is some remote issue with Dyson servers.

They’ve just released an update, maybe it’s stuck in the cloud.

Have any of you tried power cycling the unit and forcing an update? 

Same issue here. Force a factory reset and am waiting for the unit to update as we speak. If it doesn’t work, I’ll update everyone! 

Tried to reset my TP04 yesterday and again, no success in updating, Honestly, I can live without it as it’s only lacking the filter management feature in the app and I can still display the filter status on the device display directly but I like my devices to work as expected. For anyone asking: Yes, I power cycled, reset completely, used WiFi and also completely separated 4G hotspot to connect, literally did everything I could as an IT guy for 25 years could do.

The suspicious step is the ‘Now we are going to update your product’ (or whatever the message was) one - after this, my two others fans were doing the update but this one is just skipping/jumping straight to the app screen. And yes, after switching off the automatic updates, the app is saying ‘Update scheduled’ but it never did since I bought it (April). I’m giving up and I don’t want to send it to the service as it’s refurbished product and it’s working great - I don’t want to risk getting the properly connected one but whistling and whining… So I think I will just keep it this way and maybe one day it will fix itself.

Can one of the mods help? @Stuart 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Heyhey88, @jamesdean, everyone,

Thanks for the prompt here - I’ve been reviewing this with the cloud team and I can report that there is nothing obvious causing the problem you've experienced.

To progress, I’d need the serial number for the affected machines - I can then use this to review the cloud information for the particular unit and work with the software team on an outcome. This can take a few days to investigate, replicate and resolve. 

If you could please drop me a DM with the following information, I’ll work with the team to investigate;

1. Your name;
  2. Your email address (Connected to the Dyson App);
  3. The serial number for your machine.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 1

Thanks Stuart.

I just sent you my name and serial number of my TP04.

I’m having exactly the same issue on a newly refurbished unit and had zero luck with Owner Support who failed to recognise the issue existed and also that the unit isn’t supplied with a carbon filter 🤷‍♂️ I’ve since had to buy my own filter but now find after installing and resetting both filters show 0% and fail to reset and Filter Management in the app is greyed out 

any help appreciated! 

I’m having exactly the same issue on a newly refurbished unit and had zero luck with Owner Support who failed to recognise the issue existed and also that the unit isn’t supplied with a carbon filter 🤷‍♂️ I’ve since had to buy my own filter but now find after installing and resetting both filters show 0% and fail to reset and Filter Management in the app is greyed out 

any help appreciated! 

Give the manual reset a go - Resetting the air treatment machine's filter(s) | Dyson Community

“”

Using the physical Remote

To manually reset your machine’s filters using the remote control, please follow the below steps. 

HEPA Filter - Long press and hold the ‘Timer’ button on the remote. The LCD screen will countdown from five. Once the counter has finished, the Carbon filter will be reset. 

Carbon Filter - Long press and hold the ‘Night’ button on the remote. The LCD screen will countdown from five. Once the counter has finished, the HEPA filter will be reset. 

“”

Stuart mentioned above that he’s investigating. I’d suggest dropping him a DM. I guess he’s got a little more leverage with the support team than those you’ve dealt with to date. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi everyone, 

Thanks to those that have provided their information thus far - I've supplied this to the software team and am waiting an outcome. If they require any more information, I’ll reach out separately and provide an update on here. 

Once a fix is identified, I will also provide instructions for everyone to follow. 

Talk soon, 

Stuart

Userlevel 2

Hi everyone, 

Thanks to those that have provided their information thus far - I've supplied this to the software team and am waiting an outcome. If they require any more information, I’ll reach out separately and provide an update on here. 

Once a fix is identified, I will also provide instructions for everyone to follow. 

Talk soon, 

Stuart

Thanks Stuart.

Little disappointed in this as mine has been at the repair centre, and theyve deemed it unrepairable because of this issue!  Hve PM’d you details as requested

I have exactly the same problem with my refurbished TP04, can’t see the filter usage or use the schedule as it won’t update the firmware.

Massive dissapointment when you spend this sort of money on a device. I will give it a week to update and if not it will have to go back which is a shame as it performs well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi everyone, 

Investigation into the cause is still ongoing - I should have more news to share early next week. 

In the meantime, if anyone else is affected by this issue, please drop me a DM with the following information, I’ll work with the team to investigate;

1. Your name;
  2. Your email address (Connected to the Dyson App);
  3. The serial number for your machine.

Thanks, 

Stuart

I have DM’d with my details, thank you Stuart.

Having the same issue with my newly purchased refurb hp04. App reads 0% on both filters and update has been scheduled for about a week  and ½ now and still do dice. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks Stuart.

I just sent you my name and serial number of my TP04 as well exact same issue as above posts with my machine also on same old firmware.

Userlevel 2

Guys, I think Dyson have found a solution.  This morning my phone displayed a notification that my TP04’s software has finally been updated and I now have full access to scheduling filter management and continuous monitoring.  Thankfully when the Dyson repair centre said they couldn’t fix it because it had a serious software issue and asked if they should dispose of it I refused and asked them to send it back.  Thanks @Stuart for your awesome help

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey everyone, 

I have an update to share.

After concluding their preliminary testing, the software team believe that they’ve identified the cause and have verified a potential fix, which has been successfully installed to several machines. 

Due to this success, they’re now working on a a long-term strategy to integrate this fix into the latest software version, enabling it to automatically upgrade those affected machines. The early results of this are extremely positive.  

As you can imagine, changes to software can take some time, however the team are hopeful that they can share a further update with me next week.   

As updates are rolled out, it is important to maintain a connection to the Dyson cloud. Can I please ask that you ensure your machine is switched on regularly, the auto update option is selected in the Dyson App and that it is connected to a stable internet connection.

As further news become available, I will share it with you each here. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

Mine has performed an update overnight and now the filter life and scheduling are available in the app. Many thanks to you Stuart and your colleagues for fixing this so quickly.

Userlevel 1

Confirming my machine has now updated to ECG2PF.02.06.003.0002 as well as of today 5pm Sydney time July 4th. All features now available in the app :)

Userlevel 1

Also here confirmation! Now all functionalities are available in the app.

Thanks @Stuart and Dyson engineers!

All fixed now, up and running, thanks all, much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey everyone.

The software team have just informed me that they’ve deployed a fix for all product types and versions. 

If you are still seeing an error, please follow the steps on our 'Power Cycling/Restarting/Resetting' the air treatment machine article.

Thanks, 

Stuart