Underwhelmed - Purifier not Cooling | Dyson Community
Solved

Underwhelmed - Purifier not Cooling

My Dyson Purifier Formaldehyde arrived yesterday. It seemed good initially but to say I'm underwhelmed is an understatement. I've had it going on maximum the entire time and it's not cooling at all! I can feel a breeze but I was expecting it to be producing cool air, not just under room temperature air? Am I doing something wrong? 

(Edited by moderator – Tags added & Title amended) 

icon

Best answer by Lou Lou 1 June 2022, 16:19

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @Lou Lou,

Thank you for posting your question here in the Community. Our Purifiers & fans do not have Freon, so they are not an air conditioner, but they do work better than standard fans. Dyson purifier fans use Air Multiplier technology to create a powerful stream of uninterrupted airflow. Air is accelerated through an annular aperture, creating a high-velocity jet of air. This passes over an air foil-shaped ramp, channeling its direction and creating areas of low pressure behind and around the fan. The change in pressure forces surrounding air to be drawn into the airflow, resulting in a powerful stream of smooth cooling air. We hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I’ve seen this mistake happen a few times, not only with Dyson products. What doesn’t help is that the purchase description isn’t always clear.

Dyson sadly don't make air conditioning units. The fans/purifier cool you and not the room/open space.

A similar question was asked on another posts not that long ago - Set Cool Temperature | Dyson Community

If wanted a machine that brought the temperature down, you’d need to buy a air conditioning until 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.. 

Hello @Lou Lou,

Thank you for posting your question here in the Community. Our Purifiers & fans do not have Freon, so they are not an air conditioner, but they do work better than standard fans. Dyson purifier fans use Air Multiplier technology to create a powerful stream of uninterrupted airflow. Air is accelerated through an annular aperture, creating a high-velocity jet of air. This passes over an air foil-shaped ramp, channeling its direction and creating areas of low pressure behind and around the fan. The change in pressure forces surrounding air to be drawn into the airflow, resulting in a powerful stream of smooth cooling air. We hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Thank you for taking the time to answer. They really shouldn't have cool or similar in the description to be honest. I'm going to keep it as it's not as harsh as the fan I had previously, it's not nearly as powerful but it's better for my dry eyes and can definitely tell it's purifying the air, my allergies and sinusitis have calmed right down. 

I’ve seen this mistake happen a few times, not only with Dyson products. What doesn’t help is that the purchase description isn’t always clear.

Dyson sadly don't make air conditioning units. The fans/purifier cool you and not the room/open space.

A similar question was asked on another posts not that long ago - Set Cool Temperature | Dyson Community

If wanted a machine that brought the temperature down, you’d need to buy a air conditioning until 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.. 

Thank you for replying 🙂. Please see my reply to kellym