Using Hot +Cool HP09 as room heater | Dyson Community
Solved

Using Hot +Cool HP09 as room heater

• 1 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Once the target temperature has been reached how far must the temperature fall before heater re-starts. that is, how sensitive is the thermostat. will heating restart after 1 degree fall or 0.1 degree fall.

When maintaining room temperature will a lower gentle heat be applied or the the full 2kw.

icon

Best answer by Jack 3 July 2023, 12:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Purifier display only shows in whole units. I assume is there is a change from 32.0 to 31.9 degree, that the temperate unit would restart. There might not be an official answer, if you have a thermostat, might be worth testing it on your own machine. 

My purifier heater jumps to the full heat to rewarm the room. I don’t know what kw this uses. sorry. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

This article might help: Using Auto mode | Dyson Community

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Once the target temperature has been reached how far must the temperature fall before heater re-starts. that is, how sensitive is the thermostat. will heating restart after 1 degree fall or 0.1 degree fall.

When maintaining room temperature will a lower gentle heat be applied or the the full 2kw.

Hi @petey105,

Dyson heaters let you set the target temperature to the degree. Once the target temperature has been reached, the machine will revert to monitoring mode - running at a very low speed to draw airflow past the temperature sensor. If it detects a drop in temperature, it will reactivate to maintain the target you’ve chosen. 

Dyson heaters only have one output temperature, so it’s not a case of a lower heat being applied when the machine reactivates to restore the target temperature.

I hope this helps, but let us know if you have any further questions!