Using HP04 and humdifier in same room | Dyson Community
Solved

Using HP04 and humdifier in same room

• 12 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Will using a humidifier in the same room as an HP04 cause the purifier to activate with PM2.5 and PM10 readings going into the 30s and fan on at 10?

(Edited by moderator – Tag amended/added) 

icon

Best answer by Stuart 15 November 2021, 10:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Jimb1006 

Thanks for creating this topic. 

Your question seems very specific, can I just ask if this is something you are currently experiencing?

If yes, are you experiencing this with a Dyson Humidifier? 

There are a couple of factors to consider in either case.

Whilst our Purifier do detect water droplets, these droplets will evaporate into molecules at a distance and therefore should not affect the machine. In this case, I’d recommend separating the machine and finding the happy medium in your home where the Humidifier does not directly affect your Purifier.

There is a slight caveat to this however, where distilled water is not used in a Humidifier, the vapours/hygienic mists produced can contain minerals. These minerals can then be detected by a purifier. 

If you are not using distilled water, separating the machine may not add a benefit, this is because it will continue to detect the minerals in the evaporated molecules.

I would recommend checking the manufactures instructions before using distilled water in your machine.

Thanks, 

Stuart

This blog post https://dynomight.net/humidifiers/

suggests (with references to a bunch of studies) that ultrasonic humidifiers might have the potential to generate unhealthy indoor air pollution. It convinced me to switch from my previous 2 ultrasonic humidifiers to 1 evaporative humidifier and 1 warm steam humidifier. Both  the new humidifiers work great, and no particulates added to the air.