what is the difference of Dyson purifier HP09 to Gen 1? | Dyson Community
Solved

what is the difference of Dyson purifier HP09 to Gen 1?

• 19 October 2023
  • 4 replies

I've been interested in purchasing one of the cool/heater fans but I'm not quite sure about the difference of HP7A, HP09 and the Gen 1. If you can share your thoughts that would be gladly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 20 October 2023, 17:41

View original

4 replies

@lodi Thanks for your post!
The HP7A and HP09 are going to be very similar overall in size, form, and functionality with some key differences.
The HP09 add the ability to detect and filter out indoor formaldehyde. Also, the HP09 adds the ability to use the MyDyson app with your iOS or Android phone and popular voice assistants.

A key similarity is that they both will either heat or create a (fan) cooling effect as they purify and move air around your space.

The Gen1 is a taller, fan/purifier only (no heat function or app connectivity).

The Dyson Purifier Cool Gen1 machine has the same core capabilities found in our purification products. The Dyson Purifer Cool Gen1 machine, senses pollutants PM2.5 and PM10. Although this machine doesn’t have app connectivity, the remote control allows you to easily adjust settings on the machine. So all of these machines will significantly improve the quality of your indoor breathing air.

@Adam.Steinberg The Dyson web site says that the new TP10 Air Purifier has 8 reviews but when you click on it, It says there are no reviews. I think this is a mistake and I’d like to review them.

Furthermore what is the difference with this TP10 Gen1 model compared to previous models? What is new?

Thank you!

Hi Dyson Support.

When you compare the current Dyson fan heaters on the official site, the Gen1 is labelled as ‘latest technology’. What is this latest technology and why is better than the previous technology? Many thanks!

Userlevel 5

Hi Dyson Support.

When you compare the current Dyson fan heaters on the official site, the Gen1 is labelled as ‘latest technology’. What is this latest technology and why is better than the previous technology? Many thanks!

The latest technology label is an indication to their most recently released product in that category, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it is superior to the previous model(s). Confusing, but I would suggest reading the product description to learn more about the technology and features/lack of features.