Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler: Understanding the attachment and accessories | Dyson Community
Sticky HAIR CARE

Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler: Understanding the attachment and accessories

• 16 March 2023
  • 6 replies
Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler: Understanding the attachment and accessories
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

If you’ve not yet familiarised yourself with the controls, temperature or airflow setting, or just how to attach barrels, brushes or dryers, we recommend watching our Getting started with your Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler video. Here you’ll find some great tips on positioning, the temperature setting to use and how to begin styling.

In this article we take a look at the core attachments available across the Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler range.

All of these attachments have been designed to give optimal control in styling, in an intuitive and easy-to-use way – discover just how we’ve re-engineered the multi-styler attachments in our YouTube video.

From our barrels, which help to produce defined curls and waves, our brushes that help shape and smooth hair, through to dryers used to prepare and finish the looks, we provide a description and an example for when these might be used, along with what style/look they’ll help to achieve.

Barrels

Our NEW Barrels give you optimal control and styling, in an easy-to-use way.

From Left to Right:

1. New 20mm/0.8 inch Airwrap™ barrel - For longer lasting curls in fine hair and tighter curls for all hair types.
  2. New 40mm/1.6 inch Airwrap™ long barrel - For creating loose, bouncy curls and waves in both directions – with one barrel. Engineered for longer hair.
  3. New 30mm/1.2 inch Airwrap™ long barrel - For creating voluminous clockwise and anti-clockwise curls – with one barrel. Engineered for longer hair.
  4. New 30mm/1.2 inch Airwrap™ barrel - For creating voluminous clockwise and anti-clockwise curls – with one barrel.
  5. New 40mm/1.6 inch Airwrap™ barrel - For creating loose, bouncy curls and waves in both directions – with one barrel.

For a tutorial on using these attachments as part of your hair routine, visit either our Achieving your style article or take a look at our video below: 

Brushes

On the NEW design we've got vanes which turn and guide the airflow. This gives you precision Coanda airflow for controlled style and alignment.

From Left to Right:

1. Round Volumising Brush - Long, fine bristles direct air deep into the hair to give body, creating tension to shape hair as it dries.
  2. Small round volumising brush - With a slim head and long, fine bristles. Directs air into the strands of hair, while bristles shape hair as it dries.
  3. New Firm smoothing brush - Smooth frizz-prone hair using firm bristles, for straighter styles using Enhanced Coanda airflow.
  4. New Soft smoothing brush - Shape fine hair with increased control, for straight styles using Enhanced Coanda airflow.
  5. Small firm smoothing brush - Engineered to create a smoother style for short, frizz-prone hair and fringes.
  6. Small soft smoothing brush - Engineered to style fine, short hair and fringes with ease.

For a tutorial on using these attachments as part of your hair routine, visit either our Achieving your style article or take a look at our video below: 

Dryers

The Coanda smoothing dryer now has two modes. Firstly, it has the Drying mode. You can then switch into Smoothing mode. This uses the Coanda effect to sort the hair and reduce the flyaways, giving you a nice, smooth finish.

From Left to Right: 

1. New Coanda smoothing dryer - Dry, smooth and hide flyaways with one multi-functional attachment
  2. Wide-tooth comb - Helps shape and lengthen curly and coily hair as it dries.

For a closer look at the additional accessories available, including brushes and combs, storage cases, display stands, travel storage and more, please navigate to our online store. Once here, select your model from the on-screen options and continue through the journey to view all associated parts.

Further styling tips, advice on which accessory to use or for a YouTube film on how to recreate a style, visit our Hair care styling tips article in our ‘Tips and tricks’ forum.

If you need further help achieving your style or want to share your own styling tips, feel free to post a question or conversation to our wider community. The best place to do this is in our Hair care category, ‘Every day use’ forum.

6 replies

OMG! @Stuart 😍! What a GREAT Idea!!

I wish I had this when I first got my Airwrap! Thanks for Sharing!! 🤗

x

I would like very much to have this at purchase. A good read and nice to watch clips of other people using 🤗!

As a cordless stick owner, I think it would be great to see a similar post for those models/series of cleaner. @Stuart are there any plan to release a post of this nature? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

As a cordless stick owner, I think it would be great to see a similar post for those models/series of cleaner. @Stuart are there any plan to release a post of this nature? 

Hey @CharlieBoy1.

Absolutely. We’re just putting the finishing touching in place. We should it live next week, along with a further article designed to help owners of the Corded range 😄!

Watch this space!

Stuart

Heya @Stuart!

That curling video is great! I didn’t know there was a recommend amount of hair we should be putting into the barrel! I’ve been using less and sometimes struggling to get that to take. I’ll use 10cm when I next do my curling 😍! Thanks!

Lilly Jane x

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @CharlieBoy1

I’ve just shared an article covering our Cordless vacuums - Dyson Cordless vacuums: Understanding the tools and accessories. I hope this has everything you were looking for 😄!

Next week, I’ll be sharing a similar article covering our Corded vacuum range.

Please do let me know if you have any feedback.  

Thanks, 

Stuart