Air Treatment - Autoreact buzzing. Is this normal? | Dyson Community
Solved

Air Treatment - Autoreact buzzing. Is this normal?

• 4 June 2023
  • 3 replies

I bought my cool auto react purifying fan - everything works brilliantly. But when it’s plugged in and inactive it emits a notable humming sound which is quite annoying - especially at night. Is it meant to do that?  Is that a sign that it’s actually doing / monitoring something and not altogether inactive at all?

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Title Updated)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 5 June 2023, 18:45

View original

3 replies

It could be the continuous monitoring, have you tried switching that off? Using Continuous monitoring | Dyson Community

Read more here - My machine is making a humming noise, what does this mean? | Dyson Community.

Userlevel 5

Failing that, give this a read through: Air Treatment - High Pitched Buzz / Noise - Help! | Dyson Community.

Hello @Alison Gaskins 

Thanks for reaching out. It's always nice to see our members engaging. I thought I'd just step in and add to the information given. 

When continuous monitoring is active, and when the machine is in a standby state, users may hear a low humming sound. This is caused by the onboard sensors. 

I have added the following link for further information and guidelines on this here 

If you’ve not yet connected your machine to the Dyson App, please refer to our Connecting your Purifiers, Humidifiers and Heaters to the App article. 

If the steps above do not resolve the matter, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our teams will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.  

Happily, these links will help you. 

Regards,