Blown Fuse on Pure Hot and Cold | Dyson Community

Blown Fuse on Pure Hot and Cold

• 9 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Just the title really, I went downstairs to find my Pure Hot and Cold had been turned off. I pulled out the plug and there was a black mark at the socket and the fuse part of the plug didn’t look right. I’m no electrician but I’m guessing this is a blown fuse. Pics below.

I’m just posting for some help and to figure out what my options are. I purchased it directly from Dyson on 25 November 2020.

Thanks

(Edited by moderator – Moved to a new category)

Stuart 1 year ago

Hi @ChrisNorwich

This doesn’t look right.

Great to heart you’ve already been in touch with our Support team. They will be ideally placed to support you in this situation. 

As we do not encourage owners to complete electrical repairs on their machines, in the meantime please do refrain from trying to repair the machine or replace the fuse yourself. It’s best to have the electrics checked by a professional. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Ohh Man! I’m no electrician but I I agree. It looks to be the fuse! 

If you pop open the fuse hatch, it will show you what AMP is needed. Try popping in a new one and seeing if it works again. Maybe try another plug first.

Badge

There’s no obvious way to get to the fuse, but no worries, I’ve called and they’re sending a man out to collect it on Sunday. Will be huddling in woolies and scarves til I get it back!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @ChrisNorwich

This doesn’t look right.

Great to heart you’ve already been in touch with our Support team. They will be ideally placed to support you in this situation. 

As we do not encourage owners to complete electrical repairs on their machines, in the meantime please do refrain from trying to repair the machine or replace the fuse yourself. It’s best to have the electrics checked by a professional. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

Badge

Thanks, Stuart. My father is a keen DIY electrician and happily offered his services but I’ve told him to leave it to the the experts on this one!

Badge

Oh dear. Stayed in all Sunday waiting for a collection that never came. Will Dyson call to rebook or do I need to call them again?

Assuming you’re in the UK, I think Dyson use Parcel Force. If they missed today, they might collect tomorrow. If there isn’t a postal strike that is 😬.
So you don’t waste another day waiting around, I’d drop Dyson a WhatsApp.