Cool Purifier Tower Making Metallic/Angry cricket sound - Ideas? | Dyson Community
Solved

Cool Purifier Tower Making Metallic/Angry cricket sound - Ideas?

• 11 July 2023
  • 1 reply

I’ve seen a few other threads regarding this sound on different devices, this is happening on my month old pure cool tower, doesnt matter the setting, i finally had to turn it off last night i really need the air and fan sound at night but i’d had enough of this sound which will appear an disappear but in this instance it wouldnt go away. what to do? My $30 4 yr old Coway purifier from amazon had to be put in my room instead because it doesnt have that issue.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 14 July 2023, 10:27

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Hello @Njt30 

This sound can be caused by several factors, the Filter(s) blocked and/or unseated, the outer shell misaligned and/or the loop amplifier being damaged, unseated or blocked. Other factors could also contribute to this, such as if the machine has ever been dropped or carried by the loop amplifier. 

There are a few easy-to-follow checks, which can help us identify why this is happening. You’ll need your machine to hand to do these. The best place to start is our online support guide.

Simply following our Guides and manuals link, select your machine from the list and click on the ‘Troubleshooting’ option. From here, navigate through to the unusual noise option. 

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Hope this helps.