Dyson Purifier Humidifier - 150g of citric acid | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Purifier Humidifier - 150g of citric acid

• 12 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello, 

I am about to perform deep clean cycle and requires 150g of citric acid, how many cups is 150g equal to?

icon

Best answer by ElectricSlide 12 December 2022, 14:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4

I used my vast knowledge of Google, searching in under 1 second. No waiting, just pure, unadulterated knowledge!  

150ml

I do wonder, why don’t the cups measurements come with equivalents?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @ElectricSlide.

A very very precise answer. I may even steal the ‘unadulterated knowledge terminology’ for when I quote Google in the future. All in fun of course. 

David.

I created an account just to reply to this. If you need 150 grams (not milliliters) converted into cups, your looking at 0.52 cups.

At least on my ph02 the tank specifies 150g or 5.3 oz (by weight). Obviously, if you’re weighing things, most scales can probably switch between g and oz. Not really an easy way to exactly guess the volume equivalent unless you already know the weight to volume ratio of citric acid granules. I assume dyson did that to determine 5.3 oz. But liquid oz and weight oz are not the exact same unless using pure water. That’s the only time a gram is exactly equal to a mL too. 

8 oz is 1 cup by liquid volume. But the volume to weight conversion always depends on the material being weighed. It’s only vaguely standard (most conversions like the google above will use that of water). 

All that said, I don’t think it has to be PRECISELY 150g. It won’t break your machine if it’s a few grams over or under.