Dyson Purifier Humidify & Cool Formaldehyde | Dyson Community

Dyson Purifier Humidify & Cool Formaldehyde

• 1 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Novice Member
  • 2 replies

Dyson Purifier Humidify & Cool Formaldehyde and the humidifier stopped working after a month of use. The water tank is full, it’s water level does not change even after running continuously for 24/7 on the 70% humidity setting. The humidity doesn’t exceed 53% while on the 70% humidity setting. The room size is tiny “10’2” X 13’. ”I ran a deep cleaning cycle with no change in the humidifiers status after the cleaning cycle. I purchased this Dyson Purifier Humidify & Cool Formaldehyde product primarily for the humidifier function. All I have now is a very expensive paper weight fan. I am extremely disappointed with this purchase!

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added)

Dyson Community Moderator 1 year ago

Hello @CKP 

We’re sorry to hear that you’re having some trouble with your Purifier Humidify+Cool Formaldehyde. This article here may provide you with some insight: My Purifier Humidifier water tank level isn’t decreasing, what can I do?

Further to that point, the machine can reach 70% humidity, but getting to this target depends on environmental conditions like the size and ventilation of the room, and the relative humidity of the surrounding air.  Even when the machine is working properly, it can naturally be harder to reach a target humidity if the air is relatively dry to begin with, if it’s an “open” environment where non-humidified air is flowing in, etc. 

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Best wishes,

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @CKP 

We’re sorry to hear that you’re having some trouble with your Purifier Humidify+Cool Formaldehyde. This article here may provide you with some insight: My Purifier Humidifier water tank level isn’t decreasing, what can I do?

Further to that point, the machine can reach 70% humidity, but getting to this target depends on environmental conditions like the size and ventilation of the room, and the relative humidity of the surrounding air.  Even when the machine is working properly, it can naturally be harder to reach a target humidity if the air is relatively dry to begin with, if it’s an “open” environment where non-humidified air is flowing in, etc. 

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Best wishes,

Userlevel 1

Hi Kelly

Thank you for your response to my humidifier issue. It’s been rather humid here this winter. It was much dryer in December when I first started using my Dyson Purifier Humidify+Cool Formaldehyde machine. It worked fine for the first month or so then it simply stopped humidifying.
Yesterday I removed the water tank from the machine after disconnecting the power. I removed the humidifier pump, and examined the three ports on the pump the center port looked like there was an obstruction in it. As there was no way to verify the port was clogged I proceed to remove the bottom plastic plate and the float placed a couple of paper towels on a flat surface to cushion the base of the pump and tapped the bottom of the pump gently but firmly on the paper towels on the counter which dislodged the obstruction. I shook the pump and could hear what sounded like a small piece of plastic rattling around in the pump housing. I reassembled the pump put it back together, fitted it back on the water tank, put the tank back in the machine and started it up. And what do you know, the humidifier was working again and is still working 24 hours after some minor percussive maintenance.

Humidity levels have remained steady at 68%. Something was blocking the port preventing the humidifier from working. I put my name on the parts notification list to be notified when humidifier pumps are back in stock so I can purchase a replacement.

I know percussive maintenance is not something that Dyson would recommend but it was the only way to dislodge the obstruction without disassembling the pump. At any rate the humidifier is working again and maintaining 68% humidity. 

Thanks again for your assistance!:)