Solved

beater bar not spinning

• 28 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Beater bar not spinning on my animal upright 

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 29 October 2022, 16:34

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @JerryK,

If the brush bar is no longer spinning freely in your Dyson Animal, that’s likely due to an issue with a blockage in the base of the machine, or hair/long fibers wrapped around the brush bar that can cause this to occur.

I’m unsure which region you reside in, so I didn’t want to include a link here that may not be viewable in your country. We would be very happy to help troubleshoot this issue with you. 

Please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Best wishes,

No hair on beater bar. Clean and free of debris. Will spin with no pressure on bar but as soon as pressure it stops spinning. Have taken it apart and cleaned everything I can see? Rollers spin freely. I’m on Idaho. Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hmm, that could be an issue with your flooring. Sometimes, if the brush bar senses the carpeting as an obstruction, it'll stop the brush bar from spinning to avoid burning out the motor. If you've not made any changes to the flooring, or this just started to occur, the issue could be something else.

If you click here, you can visit our website to walk through some guided troubleshooting steps, which should help you to resolve the issue. If you get stuck or need further help, you'll see a yellow chat button in the lower right hand corner of the page; clicking this will connect you with a brand expert who can offer further assistance. 

Let us know how you make out!