Dyson DC24 Multi Floor Upright Vacuum Cleaner - missing part? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson DC24 Multi Floor Upright Vacuum Cleaner - missing part?

• 16 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello! I need some help, please.

I’ve cleaned the Cleaner Head on my DC24 a few times.

After the most recent cleaning, the vacuum sounds ‘off’ and and feels harder to push along the floor.

I’m worried there is a part missing, specifically a red plastic part (that would sit just below the yellow ball wheel assembly). I’ve looked at various product photos online and so far found them inconclusive.

If you have this product, kindly check out the photo of mine below and let me know if it looks ok.

(Edited by moderator – Tag added) 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 17 October 2022, 09:31

View original

1 reply

Good day MykeDysun22,

Thank you for contacting Dyson Community. 

There might be a simple solution. Start by checking the brush bar, plug in and switch on the machine. Then recline it into the vacuuming position and check the brush bar through the window at the front of the cleaner head. Does the brush bar spin when the machine is reclined?

If the brush bar spins, check the soleplate to ensure there is no debris caught in the wheels or any damage/wheels missing.

Some model machines have a red min / max slider on the cleaner head. If this applies to your model please move the slider on the cleaner head from max to min and retest the machine.

If you are still encountering a problem, please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Hope this information was helpful. 

Thanks. 

Muneep.