Dyson DC25 brush motor not spinning - Any advice on repairing? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson DC25 brush motor not spinning - Any advice on repairing?

• 3 April 2023
  • 2 replies

My 9 year old Dyson Ball DC25 brush motor is not spinning.  The brush quit spinning as a hair ball was stuck on it.   I removed the brush and removed/cleaned per the steps listed on Dyson’s site.  Reassemble the brush and pressed the power button and the brush was not spinning.  I pressed the reset brush button next to the power button and it still not spinning. What are the failure/break points that might have the issue that I can check next?  Switch? Relay? brush motor?  Please advise. 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 3 April 2023, 22:02

View original

2 replies

Might be a lose wiring or a burnt out motor. I’ve no expertise with repairing the 25 model, but have followed a couple of YouTube video on repairing other Dyson Kit. By disassembling and reassembling each component you might have a chance in fixing or identifying this problem.  

If you’ve followed their diagnostic site and we’re met with a request to call them, it’s likely they’d suggest replacing the entire head. Usually this is the case when there’s a motor failure. 

They’ve retired the 25 from service in the UK, so I suspect you’ll have to buy a replacement elsewhere. If you’re not able to fix it yourself, you might want to read their community post on ordering parts. One of the other members suggested a list of recognised retailers that might still have stock.