Dyson DC40 - changeover valve replacement | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson DC40 - changeover valve replacement

• 31 October 2023
  • 1 reply

DC40,

no suction from brush end, notice the pipe has holes in it meaning we can only vacuum with the pipe not the upright. The picture shows a split pipe, can I replace this myself and what is the part number please . Thankyou any information helpful 

The pipe with holes in it , can this pipe be replaced please? If so what’s the part number and can I fit it myself ? 

(Moderation edit - moved to new post)

icon

Best answer by Jack 31 October 2023, 17:36

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @4 bikeman,

The damaged hose shown in your pictures is part of the automatic changeover valve mechanism. It diverts the suction between the cleaner head and the hose and wand as you recline your machine or stand it upright.

It’s not a part we normally ask owners to replace themselves. I’d recommend visiting dyson.co.uk and starting a live chat session with our experts. You can launch the Dyson Digital Assistant by clicking the purple button, and then clicking the agent icon in the bottom-left hand corner of the chat window.

Our experts will be able to help you schedule a repair, and will also be able to confirm whether or not your machine is still within it’s free 5-year guarantee period.

We’ll look forward to speaking with you!