Dyson Small Ball Allergy - Leaving carpet lines - HELP! | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Small Ball Allergy - Leaving carpet lines - HELP!

• 5 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi, since yesterday when I hoover my carpets, my vacuum cleaner is leaving tramlines on my carpet, created by the ball part dragging across the carpet as you push the vacuum forward. When it is pulled backwards it's OK. This started yesterday. My first carpet was OK, I then moved to a hard floor and adjusted the brush bar as required, then moved back to another carpeted area which is when the tramlines started to appear and the hoover felt a bit different in that you could feel the ball part dragging through the carpet. It's exactly the same carpet throughout the house so was fine just minutes before. I've cleaned all the filters, not that I thought it would make a difference and it didn't. Has anyone got any solutions as to why this is happening? The brushes rotate and deactivate when required. I've contacted Dyson via WhatsApp and sent a video showing the tramlines but the lady just replied saying what damage is it doing to your carpet. It's making tramlines! It didn't previously. I have only had one reply so far so

I'm hoping to hear back again but it's a slow process to get hold of them. My hoover is 2 and a half years old and is still within the 5 year guarantee. 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 8 August 2023, 14:37

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

7 replies

Dyson over WhatsApp take an age to respond, when they do, it’s never anything helpful! Pay a premium price, get for a word, lacking service! Rant over!

I have three ideas. Assume it’s never done this before on that carpet, it could be a fault with the unit! 1. Is the ball screwed back on properly or has a part broken? 2. Is there a wheel or part of the cleaner head missing, which is making it sit lower to the flooring? 3. If it is new carpet, if the underlay is thicker, it could be the result of extra suction, pulling the machine closer to the floor.

Hi CharlieBoy, thanks for your comments. It was a new carpet a year ago but it has not been a problem until yesterday so it's not that. I have not removed the ball but only the filter on the side of the ball to clean it and I attach a photo of what it looks like. I have sent this photo to Dyson to find out if it's meant to look wonky like this. I tried calling Dyson several times before WhatsApp but it states that they cannot take my call so had no option but to WhatsApp. So clearly I'm getting nowhere. I will try the number again tomorrow. 

I only removed the filters after the problem occurred. 

If the carpet hasn’t changed, the issues got to be with the machine. Wheel, base or the filter. Hopefully Dyson get back to you sooner rather than later with an outcome! I suspect they’ll need to see it to try and diagnose the issue. Good luck! 

Thanks Charlie Boy!

Still no response from Dyson and phone lines still not answering! 🙈

Hello @Alison40 

Thanks for posting a question to the wider community. Sorry to learn about your experience.

The Dyson corded machines is designed to clean and adjust to floor types including carpet and with its ball technology that steers smoothly around.

Usually if the Dyson is hard to push or if you are experiencing any difficulties around this, it would be advisable for an Engineer to look into this.
To arrange this, please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you still need any further help regarding this, don't hesitate to respond over here. 

Regards,

Userlevel 5

Thanks Charlie Boy!

Still no response from Dyson and phone lines still not answering! 🙈

There’s an automated message on their UK helpline. Some technical issue. You’ll have to use WhatsApp or social media.