Retired Dyson DC15 Allergy - Where can I purchase parts? | Dyson Community
Solved

Retired Dyson DC15 Allergy - Where can I purchase parts?

• 9 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi, I have a Dyson DC15 allergy (white ball), and it stopped working.

I have checked all the wiring but found the armature of the main motor was covered with carbon (so no connection) and also the main carbon brushed were worn one more than other. So, I cleaned the armature, and the vacuum cleaner works now. I need to replace new brushes, but unable to find the brushes for DC15 on the internet. Also called Dyson and they were unable to help and did not want to give me the part number.

Can anyone help where i could purchase a replacement brushed for the main motor and for the brush motor.  

(Moderation edit - Category/Title updated)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 9 February 2023, 21:39

View original

4 replies

Alright @DIY123 

Yep. That about sums up my experience with one of their retired machines. No parts for sale, a blanked refusal on suggestions where else to purchase these. I almost fell like the helpline staff read a script. Extremely robotic.

The Community mods were great. They actually recommended these authorised parts retailers.

• eSpares 
  • PartMaster 
  • Buyspares 
  • Spares2Go – genuine parts from Spares2Go are only available on Amazon 
  • 4Your Home 
  • PartCentre 
  • Appliance Spares Warehouse 

Anyways! I went to Partscentre and would highly recommend. (Dyson DC15 Vacuum Cleaner Spare Parts | PartsCentre)

Hi CharlieBoy, 

Thanks for the response and you are absolutely right that the OEM now do not want to provide supprt for the old machine. I also asked Dyson to provide a number of their technical department to check which other Dyson cleaner would use the same size brushes, again blank refusal. Even would not provide a part number but requested me to buy a new motor. 

I have tried all the retailer listed above and had no joy. Will measure the brush size and try to find one and fit to the existing housing.

Thanks for your help.

Monty

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey everyone,

We love to see this exchange between our community members. I can confirm, at least here in the US market, we don’t have a list or any type of database we keep, on any retailers that may carry parts on our retired technology. That’s simply not something we have any access to, so it’s not a refusal to assist; we genuinely want to help our valued owners in any way that we can. If a machine is retired, we may not have further access to part numbers either- it’s not like that on every machine, but on some of our older legacy technology, we don’t have that information available to provide. This is terrific feedback to hear, and I’ll be sure to take this back to the necessary offline teams.

Hi Kelly, thanks for the message and hopefully follow up with this feedback.

Mostly all the innovative company being OEM has to keep the design records for 6 to 10 years to service/maintain their products plus cover any long-term warranty/guarantee legal issues. Sometimes OEM sell some copyrights for basics spares of the older units to trusted companies to keep on supplying spares and make room to innovate new products. This creates a culture of scarping things away even it could require very minor low-cost repair reducing our carbon footprint then buying a new one that increases our global carbon footprint.

For some reason you can buy spares for even older Dyson then DC15 and am sure Dyson would be using the same carbon brushes on other units as the design has already been done for the motor of that voltage. 

some older Dyson units are well design and are robust, that would last many years with good maintenance. DC50 is a very low-quality design as it breaks at the chassis end (cost cutting and more profit).

Well, I will just have to search for a suitable size brush to keep this old unit going and reduce global carbon footprint.  

Sorry for my thoughts.