Servicing my Dyson | Dyson Community

Servicing my Dyson

• 13 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi

I have an old DC19 vacuum cleaner. It’s working fine but I think after 10-15 yrs plus it could do with a service. Why buy a new one when this one works fine? The thing is that I don’t think Dyson offer a resonantly priced service (which I consider should be c £50). 

My neighbours have taken out insurance which entitles them to a service apparently. I just want to be sure of what options are available. 

I live in Guildford, Surrey. 

Any help / advice welcome. 

thx

Chris 

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

Hi Chris, 

You have a great mentality. So many would rather scrap or recycle older technology for the latest. I always try to repair or replace parts on existing tech before even considering a replacement. 

I guess with retirement, I have a lot of time on my hands. I need to watch my money at the same time. 

I’d say you have a few options:

1. Book through the Dyson UK repair webpage - Book a repair UK.
  2. Service it yourself? - I’ve found so many videos on YouTube on how to service the Dyson vacuums. DC19 - Refurbishment - DC19 - Filter wash
  3. Visit a local repair shop, they may give it an overhaul? 

Gary. 

Thank Gary. I tried this. They said they only repair faults. They don’t service. Really frustrating! They are missing a trick here (and a revenue line). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Chrislas, @IronBru5 

A great question.

We don’t currently offer a service option.

There are however several guided options to help you maintained the machine at home. These instructions ranging from cleaning, maintenance, and general troubleshooting, through to more in-depth, instructional content and recordings available via the official YouTube channel. To get started viewing this content, simply click on our Guides and manuals.

The repair option is there to fix or replace a part of the machine that has developed a fault. This being either within or outside of the machine’s warranty. This repair alone, does not include the servicing of the entire machine. If required, the machine will have a repair or replacement offer and tested for useability. Once the machine is back to working order, it is returned.

I hope this helps answer the question.

Thanks,

Stuart

OK, so if I say it’s not sucking properly can I end it in and get a service as part of a review? 

Also would this work only for machines under warranty? What if I think there is a fault after my warranty has ended? And where could I send it at what cost to be checked? 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Chrislas,

Thanks for the follow up questions. 

A repair includes an inspection of the unit. Where a part is identified as faulty, damaged or worn to the point it may fail, this is replaced. This will provide assurance that the whole machine is in working order.

However, it will not include a service of the entire machine, in that, a one year warranty is only granted against those parts that have been replaced and the entire machine isn’t cleaned professionally prior to it’s return. 

In the example you gave, if the machine’s suction isn’t working as efficiently or at all, in the first instance we’d encourage you to check the Dyson online Support. This is guided content that walks through a step-by-step process to identify the cause, most likely a blockage, along with a prompt to maintain the vacuums filters. If you still believe the machine requires an inspection as it is not working correctly, this is something our local helpline can arrange. If the machine is outside of its warranty, this is charged. 

The cost of this can vary per market. Please refer to our Book a repair webpage for an exact charge. 

Thanks, 

Stuart