Cleaning a cordless vacuum cleaner - how to? | Dyson Community
Solved

Cleaning a cordless vacuum cleaner - how to?

• 30 May 2023
  • 2 replies

I have the DYSON V-12 and this is how they told me to clean and care for it. Does anyone know another way?

The first brush of the vacuum cleaner is the brush used to clean the floor. It is wrapped in rough fabric, so it fills with dust and it is important to clean it well. The shell sits on a plastic cylinder that can be disassembled and cleaned inside and out. It is also important to clean all the small corners of the frame of the brush to keep it well.

Similar to the first brush, you need to clean the inner cylinder of the brush, the different parts and all the corners. You can use a small cleaning brush to remove the dust and finally a slightly damp cloth (just a bit damp!) for polishing.

The rod can be disassembled and its interior can be cleaned. Shake off the dust and wipe with a slightly damp cloth.

The dust container should be emptied and cleaned thoroughly with a cleaning brush and a slightly damp rag. This is the most important part because it gets the most dirt. If you make sure to clean the passages and pipes of the Dyson vacuum cleaner, you will enjoy a good and high-quality vacuuming experience without problems.

(Moderation Edit - Title/Category Updated)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 31 May 2023, 09:23

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

If you clean the dyson in anyway that’s against the instructions in the user guide and damage a component, dyson may not replace or repair it. 

I’d recommend visiting their YouTube channel and watching the cleaning video they’ve uploaded. Here’s their cleaning playlist for the V12.

Hello @nisso8090 

It's always nice to see our members engaging. I thought I'd just step in and add to the information given. 

It is always advisable to maintain your Dyson so that you can experience the best performance from it and the cordless vacuum filters are engineered to capture microscopic particles. Over time, these can build up in the filter and reduce its performance. 

For ease, I have included a step-by-step guideline on maintaining your Dyson V12 here 

To familiarize yourself with the accessories and which one is best for certain cleaning task, visit our Dyson Cordless vacuums: Understanding the tools and accessories article.   

Happily, these links will help you. 

Regards,