Cleaning the OmniGlide brush housing | Dyson Community
Solved

Cleaning the OmniGlide brush housing

• 17 May 2023
  • 6 replies

I am wondering if anybody else is also challenged with having to constantly clean the housing for the OmniGlide felt brushes. It is a real pain and I worry about constantly moving the side that has the little electric motor.  Currently using a kitchen cleaner, paper towel and small stick - not exactly high tech :(

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Category Updated)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 20 May 2023, 06:40

View original

6 replies

I take it your following the instructions in this video? 

Yes, the problem is that the felt brush housing is considered not cleanable, however it absolutely must be cleaned in order to keep the cleaner working properly. It gets a build up of gunk (technical term) that then catches hair etc and stops it picking up

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Mmm. Not a stick vac I have. Any pictures? 

Specifically this area

With a torque set, you could remove the casing, clean inside and replace with minimal effort. 

I’ve marked the location where removing the screws will release the base plate. 

Thanks, I will try that next time. The main housing remains the issue, it gets dirty really quickly then hair gets caught on it instead of sucked up. I have longish hair and also 2 cats so coming to the conclusion I have made an expensive mistake and bought the wrong cleaner :(