Cordless V10 pulsing/cutting out on max (but not setting 1 and 2) | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V10 pulsing/cutting out on max (but not setting 1 and 2)

• 18 December 2022
  • 11 replies

I got the pulsing and worked through clearing all blockages. 

I washed the filter (a new one in October 2022) and let it dry overnight. 

This solved the issue for setting 1 and 2, but I still get the issue when on MAX.

(Edited by moderator – Moved to a new category/Tag added)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 21 December 2022, 09:17

View original

11 replies

It might be the battery? Shorting when on the highest setting.

Have you tried following their online help? V10 troubleshooting help

Thanks.

I worked through all the steps in V10 troubleshooting help, but still get the pulsing on max.

It then suggests a new filter. But one of my filters is only 2 months old.

You suggest the battery might be the issue. You suggest the battery. Any thoughts on how I can check this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @Tim Elliott 

Just to be sure, you are seeing the filter light when the pulsing begins in MAX, or are you seeing the blockage light, which looks like a drain pipe?

If for sure it’s the filter light, make you it’s completely bone dry before fitting it back on your machine. Any dampness lingering inside can cause this. Also, you remove the filter and refit it, just to be sure it’s back on the machine correctly.

If it’s the blockage light, I would suggest removing both your floor tool and wand, and holding your trigger down for 10 seconds - confirming if it still pulses just in MAX or does that noise now go away?

Thanks.

It is the blockage light (drainpipe) not the filter.

With floor tool and wand removed (and after following recommended cleaning steps for blockages).

If I hold for 10 seconds it is ok apart from MAX.

On MAX it pulses a few times then stops completely in less than 10 seconds.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @Tim Elliott 

Thank you for confirming that. I presume that the blockage light is still visible in MAX when it pulses? If you haven't already checked the bin inlet, that's dirt's number 1 favorite hiding place in these units. Check the inlet at the front of the machine, where the tools or wand connects, and remove anything trapped there as necessart. Then, let's completely remove the bin, and check the opening on the cyclone shroud for any blockages. Once you've checked that, you can re-attach the bin and close the base. Can you let me know if the issue persists once you check the cyclone?

Thanks

Blockage light still visible in MAX when it pulses.

I followed instructions above (a repeat as I had done this before).

I cannot see any blockages.

The issue still persists.

I’ve input what you’re experiencing into their online help.

If the blockage light is still showing after checking for blockages and washing the filter, it shows that a replacement filter will be needed. 

My thinking on why it might be the battery, is that it is only doing this on the highest setting. This is where the battery is pushing more power into the cleaner. Someone had a similar issue on their V8 - V8 CORDLESS VAC SHUTS OFF IN 15 SECONDS | Dyson Community. Dyson recommended a battery. 

If you’re under warranty, they would usually send this free of charge. You’d have to speak directly to them to order this.

Thanks.

I’m pretty sure I should not need a new filter as my filter is only 2 months old.

Your thinking on the battery sounds sensible.

As next step I will try and speak to Dyson (though any other suggestions welcome).

Hi Dyson Community,

My V10 Absolute cuts out when on MAX setting after about 2 minutes. The battery light shows one pulsing blue light. If I switch to either of the lower settings it still does not work until it goes back onto charge for a few minutes. If I use lower settings it appears fine and does not cut out. 

We have cleaned out the filters etc. Therefore I assume this is still a battery fault draining too quickly when on MAX setting ?

Has anyone else experienced the same?

Any advice is welcome

Thanks and best regards

Kevin

(Moderation Edit - Moved to Existing Question)

Userlevel 5

Hi Dyson Community,

My V10 Absolute cuts out when on MAX setting after about 2 minutes. The battery light shows one pulsing blue light. If I switch to either of the lower settings it still does not work until it goes back onto charge for a few minutes. If I use lower settings it appears fine and does not cut out. 

We have cleaned out the filters etc. Therefore I assume this is still a battery fault draining too quickly when on MAX setting ?

Has anyone else experienced the same?

Any advice is welcome

Thanks and best regards

Kevin

(Moderation Edit - Moved to Existing Question)

An electrical short, caused by the increased battery consumption/power draw. Either the battery or the body component. Have you checked their online diagnostics, it should tell you which to replace. 

Link - Dyson V10 Vacuum Cleaner | Website Diagnostics | Dyson

Great work on tackling the pulsing issue. Since someone mentioned the battery & you’ve cleaned the filter as well, let's dive a bit deeper:

Battery Check:
Confirm the battery's health. If possible, try a spare or replacement battery to see if the MAX issue persists. Sometimes, batteries underperform on high settings.

Power Cycling:
Attempt a power cycle by fully discharging the battery and then fully recharging it. This can recalibrate the battery and might improve performance on MAX.

For a more detailed guide on optimizing your Dyson's battery performance and fixing Dyson blockage light, including additional troubleshooting tips and insights, check out this comprehensive resource. It covers a variety of Dyson models and could provide the solution you're looking for.