Cordless Vacuum - Out of Warranty repair cost | Dyson Community

Cordless Vacuum - Out of Warranty repair cost

• 23 April 2023
  • 2 replies

My Dyson wireless vacuum cleaner just died after 2 years. Worst part is I went to Dyson Singapore service Center and within less than a minute, the service person said “the motor is spoiled. It will cost me $218”. No other option. The lifespan is 2 years. I need to find my receipt as they would assume it’s over warranty if you can’t produce receipt.

I spent 35 minutes to drive there, $3 car park and was attended for a minute. 
why will I pay over $200 for a motor. Now I just want to see the accessories of my vacuum cleaner as they’re never used.

2 replies

Hi @Cesoit,

We’re disheartened to hear about the experience you've received and that you’re having an issue with the power on your machine. You may find some of the tips in this article helpful: 

If you need further support after this, I suggest viewing our online Diagnostic tool. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, select your machine from the available options and navigate to the ‘Support’ section of the page.

Alright @Cesoit

There’s only usually three parts that fail with the stick vacs. The Charger, Battery or Main Body. It might be easier for you to replace these parts one by one. 

Another idea, give their online diagnostics a spin. Dyson Singapore - https://support.dyson.com.sg/SupportHome.aspx

Kirby.