Did unplugging my charger kill the Cordless Vacuums battery? | Dyson Community
Solved

Did unplugging my charger kill the Cordless Vacuums battery?

• 17 October 2023
  • 1 reply

My vac, I think it’s a V8, was working fine.  Maybe total of 20 battery cycles.  With the carpet attachment was good for at least 10 minutes of use.  Then suddenly the battery is toast, flashing red light.  This happened after having in on the charger, but then unplugging the charger from the wall and leaving it plugged into the vac.  Seems like the unplugged charger discharged the battery beyond recovery.

Anyone else ever experience this?
TIA

icon

Best answer by DavidTaylor 19 October 2023, 11:15

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

If a power surge were to occur at the same time, it is possible. Did you witness one or notice a power cut at the same time? 

It is important to note that battery degradation is not a fault of the machine. It happens to all batteries in everyday items, such as mobile phones and laptops. A combination of sources can influence the capacity, discharge, and operation of these batteries. These sources are inclusive of, overcharging, undercharging, discharging, local temperature, local humidity, component maintenance, and prolonged impact/damage, all of which have a detrimental effect and diminish the life. You can read more on battery degradation on one of our members post here (Understanding Battery Degradation | Dyson Community).

I do suggest that you contact the Dyson customer service team to follow a few troubleshooting steps and they will provide you with the best possible solution, or a replacement part if required. Contact details can be sought here - Visit Dyson.com.

David.