Dyson OmniGlide castors are blocked and now not gliding | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson OmniGlide castors are blocked and now not gliding

Userlevel 1

I bought my OmniGlide on 18/12/22 so less than 2 months old.

Everything was working well and I clean and empty after every use…until it stopped gliding.

Checked soft rollers and they were fine, but then noticed 3 of the four little castors were blocked, and therefore not gliding anymore. I did the best I could to clean them but it’s near impossible. I imagine that thy may send me new castors, but that won’t really help the issue as I’d imagine they’ll just block again, just like the current ones.

Waiting to talk with customer support today, but am just so disappointed as I really thought I’d picked the perfect model for my new hardwood floors…but it seems not.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Many thanks

Lynn

icon

Best answer by samwise 8 February 2023, 00:08

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 1

They are sending replacements now

They are sending replacements now

Great result!! They’ll usually cover anything during the two year warranty. After that, you’re on your own! Although I’ve seen these wheels for sale somewhere. Cheaper than having to replace the entire head. 

Is it clear what’s caught around the wheels? You might be able to avoid it from doing the same in the future. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Same issue. The rear wheels would get matted with little fabric fibres. My wife work out that our cleaner had been vacuuming the carpet with the soft floor head. Massive fail 🤦‍♂️

Those Christmas cracker tweezers finally had a use! In the time it took to walk to Mordor and back, I’d unpicked everything! Not an experience I’ll be eager to repeat.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@samwise I was going to provide that as a suggestion - tweezers, small sewing scissors or even a smaller pair of needle nose pliers - these can all be used to remove hair or any long fibers from those wheels. If you periodically have a look at the underside of your cleanerhead, removing them as you see them can prevent them from becoming a larger issue down the road. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks to everyone 🙏 

yeah it was the tiniest amount of fluff, I only use on hardwood floors and clean after each use, but I noticed it was pulling to the left and when I investigated, the soft rollers were fine, but those little castors were jamming, I used tweezers and my nails and eventually the point of a knife which helped a little but still 1-2 are a little blocked.

I love the vac and it’s less than 2 months old, I just feel it’s an awful lot of money to spend on something that I know will be a recurring problem.

I honestly think it’s a design flaw.

I wish the castors were ball shape inserts, to me that would solve the problem.

I guess I just have to keep asking them for new castors every few months😩 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Userlevel 1

Dear Dyson

STILL having the same issues with castors constantly blocking and vacuum pulling to one side making it VERY hard to use.

Getting nowhere with customer services.

Want to return for exchange or refund.

Not happy at all

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Drizzle68 

If you still require support for this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Best wishes,

Userlevel 1

Hi, yes I did in fact talk over WhatsApp this morning and after no help, they just left the conversation.

All I asked for was a manager whenever they were free.

Thank you though.

I just would like to speak to someone who can actually help me and not have to send out replacement castors on a monthly basis.

I complained in Feb, only one month after purchase and all they say is they’ll send out castors.

I just want a Dyson that’s light as I have fibro and arthritis…that’s geared more towards pets and a hard floor.

Every time fur blocks the castors, the omniglide is very hard to control and just pulls away in one direction, depending what castors are blocked, and it’s impossible to unblock them.

I’ve emailed Mr Dyson and the UK director, but I just hope it’s the right email for him.

I really need help with this.

im stuck with a vacuum that’s unusable for me after paying out £350 in January.

can you help?

@Drizzle68 - Not to be the bearer of bad news, but all of the stick vacs have those wheels on the base on the cleaner. There is no getting around it. I’ve have found WhatsApp for Dyson is somewhat unreliable and inconsistent, more since they moved their centre overseas. 

I’d recommend calling Dyson, speaking to someone that will exchange the stick vac for another model. Maybe a lighter upright or cylinder. You might even consider changing to a model with a soft roller, instead of the omni glide. The V10 Absolute might be an option. 

Userlevel 1

Spencer many thanks.

Your help is much appreciated.

I'll do just that.