Dyson V11 Absolute - Power Issue | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V11 Absolute - Power Issue

• 9 April 2023
  • 7 replies

To whom it may concirn,
We have a Dyson V11 Absolute vaccum cleaner which has served us well for the past couple of years but we are disappointed this machine has completely failed after just 3 years of very little use.

The machines started to fail last week with the display not powering so I was unable to change any settings followed by a total failure this week. The machine does nothing except flash the blue leds ten times then nothing.

For a machine thats claiming a ten year working life this machine has fallen very short of that. We have used the machine approx 2 to 3 times a month so that would equate to around 120 uses of the machine, we have had other vaccums that lasted much longer than that.

We would like your advise on whats the best way to resolve this issue and are hopefull there will be an agreeable outcome to this claim.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 10 April 2023, 11:33

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

7 replies

Hi @heich

By the sounds of it, you might be experiencing a battery or charging issue. Normally when your machine is experiencing battery or charging issues your display will not turn on however blue flashing lights will indicate that there might be an electrical issue. 

The below link will give you insight regarding batteries and charging issues. 

My Cordless vacuum cleaner’s battery isn’t charging, what can I do?

If the above insight does not help, I would recommend that you get in contact with the Dyson Contact Centre. 

You can find the Dyson Helpline number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

The stick vacuums have a two year warranty. Once expired, you’ll be paying for spare/replacement parts. The warranty is over length of time, not amount of use.

I recommend visiting the Dyson website and analysing the issue through their help diagnostics. 

I recommend visiting the Dyson website and analysing the issue through their help diagnostics. 

@heich. Follow this link: Support | Cordless vacuum cleaners | Dyson.

The US help page leads to the GB website. Pick the V11, select the type of battery and answer the questions on the next page. 

Thanks to all for contributing but I have tried the web site troubleshooter and that does not give me any idea.

Cheers

@heich Give this a watch:

Thanks to everyone who replied. The issue was a bad connection from the battery to the controller circuit and Dyson have kindly replaced the whole motor/cyclone assembly at no cost to me.

I am deaply grateful to Dyson for doing this and can’t praise them highly enough. 

I have had two other Dyson vaccums prior to this one and will continue to be a proud user of Dyson products in the future.

Thank You Dyson for producing such fine products.

Sincerely

Heich