Dyson V11 is pulsing on Eco and Mid mode, but works fine on boots mode | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V11 is pulsing on Eco and Mid mode, but works fine on boots mode

• 22 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi Everyone,

My Dyson V11 started pulsing on eco and medium mode then stops, but works ok when I switch it to boost mode. I checked for all possible blockages, also changed filter to brand new, but still problem exists. Does anyone had similar issues? Any tips how I can fix it?

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Eagles 22 December 2022, 21:55

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

If I recall, pulsing is usually sign of a blockage. Either a partial one or where it completely clogged. Our V10 even shows a light indicating just that. 

@DavidTaylor explained in another post, that when you’re using boost it forces more power, equating to a higher air wattage. This I suspect is bypassing whatever the cause is. 

What light is your machine showing? Have you checked their website for help? 

My cordless vacuum cleaner is making a pulsing noise, what does this mean? | Dyson Community

Support | Troubleshooting | Dyson 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I’d also suggest checking if it still pulsing with the stick removed? It is doesn’t your culprit is in the stick or cleaner head.

The fix for this is a $111 main body. It is apparently an electronic failure that happens more than Dyson would like to admit. They charge for the main body when your issue is outside of warranty.  This is probably the best option due to the price for a new vacuum. They do make it easy to order through chat, etc.

I had the same problem. Dyson gave me a new main body for free and it solved the problem. My vac is 7 months out of warranty. On the delivery note was a price of $399!