How to return my Dyson Animal Ball for repair | Dyson Community
Solved

How to return my Dyson Animal Ball for repair

Userlevel 1

I have been trying for 2 weeks to get DPD to collect my upright Hoover for repair.  They have tried on numerous occasions but keep bringing a box not big enough for it to fit in.  I have waited in on separate days, the last being yesterday.  I phoned on Wednesday and spoke to customer services, they assured me that dpd would collect in, in the right size box.  It went wrong again, not only did no one come to collect, apparently it’s on its way back for repair and they gave me a tracking number for it.  DPD do not want to know and all Dyson want to do is keep booking it in for collection, when obviously dpd can’t arrange this.  I have no faith whatsoever in this being resolved and quite frankly do not trust dpd with my goods, especially after yesterday.  I asked via WhatsApp for an address I can write to, to complain but they will not give me one.  I will not phone the helpline as all they will say is sorry we will collect on a different day.  I will not wait in any more, I feel 5 days (in which I had to leave work to be at home) is more than enough.  Has anyone else had this issue and can anyone please give me the address to which I can write to… I have had enough now of the sheer incompetence of DPD and I’m surprised that Dyson would use them again and again.  Not only do they not turn up when arranged due to lack of staff,  they go to the wrong house or don’t follow the instructions given to them by Dyson (bring the correct box).  I am now stuck with a Dyson less than 12 months old that I can’t use (the ball part falls off) and have no way of returning to be fixed.  Any advice would be great.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 27 March 2023, 15:45

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I’d say someone at Dyson should really be stepping up their game! They’ve either not provided the right box size to DPD or their telling them the incorrect Dyson is being collected. Do you have multiple Dyson’s registered? If so, have you checked on the email they send that the right one is being collected? 

If they’re not getting it right, you might need to box it up yourself and just give it to DPD?! 

Userlevel 1

I only have one Dyson registered, an upright Hoover. They say that the box needs to be supplied by them!  It’s so ridiculous that I think the box that was due to be delivered on Friday to me got sent back to Dyson empty!  I even have a tracking number for my parcel that was not collected!  It just says package is on its way to Dyson repair on the DPD app.   It’s beyond a joke now

Yep! Sound like a complete farce! Is this Dyson UK again? Their contact centre is a joke! 

Userlevel 1

Yes it is a Joke!  I really have had enough…I have waited in on 5 separate occasions for them to come and collect the machine.  All that happens is that you get someone on the chat who promises to sort it out, then does not. I even made a complaint last week and they promised to come without fail…(didn’t come).  To be honest I don’t know if I even trust DPD with my Hoover, bearing in mind I have tracking for a non existent package! How ridiculous! DPD don’t want to know, they say speak to the account holder Dyson! We just go round and round in circles!!  I can’t even raise a formal written complaint as they will not provide an address!  I might have to send a recorded letter to the head office and see what happens…the ombudsman says you should speak to the company and try and sort it out but how? 

Heya! So, I’ve not been on here long, but you could try one of the moderators in the UK. Maybe they can raise it with management. @Jodey @kellym @Shaqeela.Isaacs would this be you? 

Userlevel 1

Thank you, I’ll try them to see if anyone can help….I’m surprised that they have such awful customer service as the Dyson brand is a good one and we have always bought Dyson products.

Thank you, I’ll try them to see if anyone can help….I’m surprised that they have such awful customer service as the Dyson brand is a good one and we have always bought Dyson products.

Their UK call centre is outsource. Clearly some teething issues. I hope someone at Dyson take notice soon!  

Hey @LynnM

DPD are supplied with a one size box fits all for the upright machines and all our current units will fit inside them. 

It is worth noting that the wand handle may need to be removed from the machine completely, as well as the cleaner head, in the instance the machine proves too tall for the box.

You just need to remove the wand and then pull the handle up and away from the main assembly, it may seem stiff if it hasn’t been removed before. 

I would advise to get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss rearranging the collection. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your reply…I wish this had been mentioned to us by Dyson when we arranged the pick up, DPD even said that they would bring a bigger box, obviously one does not exist!  I have now had 6 failed attempts to collect my Dyson and have concerns that the Hoover will go missing… now on earth I can be given a tracking number by DPD for a parcel that was now even collected amazes me!  I am wondering now what exactly is in the box I have the tracking for…perhaps it’s someone else’s product.

Userlevel 1

I am now in the process of composing a complaint letter and going to send it to Dyson Head Office, they need to know that the customer service team that deals with these things are totally incompetent as are DPD but unfortunately this happens when you out source helplines.