V10 Cordless - Broken trigger, body service area in the way | Dyson Community
Solved

V10 Cordless - Broken trigger, body service area in the way

• 12 April 2023
  • 3 replies

We have a dyson stick v10 pet (SV12) we bought at costco about 5 years back. Figure its outside the service warranty wanted to take a crack at it.

The vacuum recently started working intermittently. Depressing the trigger at juuust the right angle would turn on and operate normally, but otherwise nothing would happen and the battery lights were off. Looks like it might be a broken trigger. 

The problem is that one of the phillips screws in the motor housing is stripped. It’s a tight area so I can only get the the narrow hand screwdriver in there. Depressing the screwdriver and turning it feels like its slipping.

Has anyone had success getting something out of that tight area? 

I’ve love this vacuum and it’s been pretty easy to use. Replacing the battery was a breeze and it’s been great with all our pets and working from home. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

The culprit below

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 13 April 2023, 10:05

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Hi @bill_in_seattle 

Thank you for posing this question. It’s disappointing to hear that your V10 isn’t working as intended.

Battery life and overall lifespan can vary from one household to another and there isn’t just one defining factor as to why batteries in general fail. There are several variables outside the control of any battery manufacture, including, overall use, storage temperature, number of charges, general machine maintained, along with filter maintenance.  I think you will find the article below particularly helpful.

My Cordless vacuum cleaner’s battery isn’t charging, what can I do?

As there are no light showing on your machine,  this means that the battery need replacing. So we can help you with this, please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Best wishes,

Userlevel 5

@bill_in_seattle Bill, it’s BOB! 

Dyson would never suggest you do this, trouble with voiding the guarantee. This should set you right! 

BOB

@bill_in_seattle Bill, it’s BOB! 

Dyson would never suggest you do this, trouble with voiding the guarantee. This should set you right! 

BOB

Hi Bob,

Thanks! That worked great. Disconnecting the motor was a little difficult but went back together easily. Plus gave me an excuse to buy some smaller torx bits since it needs a T8.