V11 cordless - Pulsating stop start when pull on trigger | Dyson Community
Solved

V11 cordless - Pulsating stop start when pull on trigger

• 4 July 2023
  • 3 replies

V11 cordless approx. 3 yrs old.  Keep it clean and washed on a regular basis.  Has worked perfectly until last week.  When we pull the trigger to use it, it pulsates instead of consistent suctioning.  
It can’t be the filter cause its brand new (ordered a new one as thought it might be this issue).

It’s fully charged, the spin head is also brand new (that was another issue will post separately!).

If its a blockage, where?  My husband is fanatic about cleaning it so I don’t believe its a blockage!

Thanks in advance. 
Regards

Janie.

icon

Best answer by Bob 5 July 2023, 15:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5

They pulse due to a restriction in airflow. Maybe try a process of elimination, removal all the connectors and pull the trigger. If it only pulses when once is attached, that’s where the blockage is.

There some tips here: My cordless vacuum cleaner is making a pulsing noise or switching off after a few seconds of use, what does this mean? | Dyson Community.

Was the new filter from Dyson? Some of the third-party filters are denser and cause issues with the airflow.

Hi @Janie this can be caused by lack of Airflow. Have you removed the bin of your machine and checked the inlet inside to see if there may be debris lodged inside the inlet?