V15 charging problems - Any advice? | Dyson Community
Solved

V15 charging problems - Any advice?

• 5 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone!

I have 2 batteries—the original one the vacuum came with, purchased March 2023, and an extra I purchased May 2023 for longer cleaning runs when needed (rarely, I realized, but still good to have). Both are suddenly not charging properly anymore.

I have inspected the cables, no damage.

I’ve removed the charger from the wall dock and tried it with the batteries.

I have tried plugging the charger into other working outlets at home. 

I tried to charge the batteries either with the vacuum connected or the battery alone.

I have cleaned the filter a few times, and the clear bin as well. No messages of blockages from LCD screen since purchase. 

Whether plugged in or not, once the charger is connected to the battery, both of these batteries’ blue lights pulse continuously, and continue to do so for a long period of time. The charge indication on the screen remains the same despite being charged overnight. Again, the lights pulse with the charger connected, even when unplugged.

The vacuum otherwise works fine, with the charge it has left on the batteries.

Has anyone else encountered this as well? Both batteries 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 5 August 2023, 23:06

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

A blue light is usually a sign that the battery needs charging. If isn’t taking a charge, either the charger is faulty (Even if the cable is fine) or the components inside the trigger mechanism is faulty. Either case you’d need to source a replacement part. Dyson offer a 2-year cover. Claim against their guarantee. If you’re outside the cover, start with a new charger. They’re cheaper enough. 

I wouldn’t suspect the batteries are faulty, having two with the exact same issue isn’t usual.