V6 Cordless - problems in MAX mode | Dyson Community
Question

V6 Cordless - problems in MAX mode

• 2 November 2023
  • 4 replies

My Dyson V6 Animal shuts off after running for just a few seconds in MAX mode. 

If I run it in standard mode it will run perfectly fine.  As soon as I switch to MAX it cuts off after a few seconds.  No pulsing, fully charged battery.

I replaced the battery with a brand new genuine battery, I’ve taken the whole thing apart and cleaned everything. I accept that probably I have a motor problem and will need to order a new machine, that’s no problem.

However, until the new machine arrives, how can I get the machine to run in Standard mode? The last setting was MAX, so when I switch it on now, it just cuts out after a second or two, not giving me time to change the mode back to standard. I know that if I can get it back to standard mode then I can at least use it temporarily.

Can anyone tell me how to get it to start up in standard mode even if it was on MAX the last time it was used?

Thank you!

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

@sogs Hi there. I’d run through a few checks here - particularly with blocked airways since this could be an overheating issue due to a partially blocked airway.

1. Please load up and follow along with this vide: "checking-for-blockages"

http://ms.spr.ly/6181bUgMh

2. Can you please check the bin inlet ?

In the inlet the wand connects to the clear bin there is a tiny flap. Tilt the machine up and down while looking into the inlet. Does the flap open and close freely? If it's stuck, please remove and wash the bin and poke it with your finger until it moves freely. Make sure the bin is 100 percent dry before putting it back on.

This video can guide you in removing the bin:

http://ms.spr.ly/6186bUg3E

Next, I’d also try disconnecting fully the battery, then reconnecting it.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply. The whole machine has been stripped down and cleaned, there are definitely no blockages anywhere, including the bin inlet.

I have also replaced the battery for a brand new genuine battery.

The machine turns on for a split second, the MAX light flashes for a split second and then the main LED on the battery goes yellow (not flashing).

If I try to pull the trigger again it does nothing. If I reconnect the battery to the charger even just for a few seconds, then repeat the whole process it does exactly the same.

I do not have this issue when the vacuum is not on MAX mode. I have ordered a new main body to replace it. The problem is I need to know how I can get the machine off MAX mode without needing it to be working for more than a split second. Is there a way to reset the machine? It’ll be 3-5 working days til the new body arrives so I just want to be able to use it til then, even if it’s not at its full potential.

Thanks

@sogs  I’d wait for the new main body and hopefully that resolves it. This is a head-scratcher indeed, but I am leaning toward the main body being the culprit at this point.

Main body and battery? Is this not like Trigger's Brush?